Cheesy Pull Apart Garlic Bread
This crowd-pleaser is great to prep in advance, wrap in foil and then bake or grill at your campsite!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 loaf rustic sourdough or whole wheat bread
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 3 Tbsp chopped parsley
- Preheat oven or grill to 350 degrees or prepare coal or wood on a campfire. Place butter and minced garlic in a small pan and melt over low heat.
- Cut deep, lengthwise slices in the in the loaf of bread, being careful not to cut all the way through. Repeat with deep cuts along the width of loaf, creating a crisscross pattern.
- Stuff the cuts with shredded cheese before brushing with garlic butter. Be sure to get the garlic butter into the cuts of the bread.
- Wrap in heavy duty aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes until cheese has melted. Once melted, uncover and broil for five minutes until golden brown. If you using a grill or campfire, place on rack and cook for about 10 minutes on one side, then flip and cook for another 10 minutes. Top with chopped parsley and serve warm.