Looking for an easy camping breakfast? These simple one-pan breakfast sandwiches are crispy, cheesy and buttery. Good morning, campers!
Cast Iron Breakfast Sandwiches
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 thick slices sourdough bread
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar
- 2 slices cooked bacon
- ½ avocado, sliced
- 2-3 slices tomato
- salt & pepper
- red chili flakes, optional
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Add butter to pan and melt.
- Add bread slices to one side of the pan and crack both eggs into the other side of the pan. Season eggs with salt, pepper and chile flakes, if using.
- Close grill and let eggs cook until almost done, bout 2-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle eggs with 1 Tbsp. of the shredded cheese and top with bread, toasted side up.
- Gently flip eggs and bread over and top one side of the eggs with remaining cheese, bacon, tomato and avocado.
- Flip one side of the bread over the eggs, making a sandwich. Close grill and cook until cheese melts, 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from pan, cut and serve!
About the Author: Kampgrounds of America
Kampgrounds of America is the largest system of open-to-the-public campgrounds in the world, with over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. Founded in Billings, MT in 1962, KOA’s family of campground brands – KOA Journey, KOA Holiday and KOA Resort – today serve more than a million camping families each year. KOA is dedicated to “connecting people to the outdoors and each other” by providing people with a variety of camping experiences and the information they need to make the most of their camping trip. Read more of their camping and travel resources by visiting KOA.com/blog.