A classic side dish, our recipe for cast iron baked beans is sure to make any camping meal more delicious.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (15oz) can pork and beans
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15oz) can cannellini beans, drained
- 1 (15oz) can chick peas, drained
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 Cup root beer
- 1 Tbsp. dry mustard
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Combine all ingredients and simmer, uncovered, on low or indirect heat, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes or until thickened. Add additional salt and pepper if needed.