Mix up your own hot cocoa mix with this quick, easy and yummy recipe.
This quick recipe for hot cocoa mix is the key to a rich mug of chocolatey cocoa. It’s also the perfect recipe to customize your cocoa; add cayenne for a bit of spice or use dark chocolate chips for an even richer cup of hot chocolate. How will you make it your own?
Camping Cocoa Mix
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Combine powdered sugar and cocoa until well mixed.
- Add salt and cornstarch. When well combined add chocolate chips.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To make cocoa, fill 1/3 to 1/2 of a mug with mix. Add hot water or warmed milk, stir until dissolved. Add marshmallows – everyone needs marshmallows.