Sometimes old school is the best school. These classic treats are delicious and just begging to be customized with your favorite fillings.
- White or whole wheat bread
- Cinnamon sugar
- Cherry pie filling
- Fresh berries
- Chocolate hazelnut spread
- Powdered sugar
- Cast iron pie iron
- Spread butter on each slice of bread and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Place one slice, butter side down, in each side of the pie iron.
- For cherry pie, add 1-2 Tbsp. pie filling to the center of one slice. For fresh berry pie, spread one slice with chocolate hazelnut spread and top with 1-2 Tbsp. fresh berries.
- Close pie iron and trim off any excess bread. Place in campfire coals and cook until golden brown, about 3-7 minutes depending on heat of campfire.
- Carefully remove from pie iron, cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar.