Mac and cheese over the campfire? You bet! While this recipe is perfect over the stove, the sweet, smoky flavor it gets from campfire cooking can’t be beat!
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dry mustard powder
- 12-16 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Boil noodles according to pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In cast iron pan set over coals or campfire (or on the stovetop), whisk together milk, cream cheese, salt, pepper and mustard, stirring until smooth. A cheese and stir until all cheese is melted.
- Add noodles and cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Serve with additional cheese if desired.