Campfire Mac and Cheese
Mac and cheese over the campfire? You bet! While this recipe is perfect over the stove, the sweet, smoky flavor it gets from campfire cooking can’t be beat!
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 2 cups whole milk
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 tsp. dry mustard powder
- 12-16 ounces shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Boil noodles according to pack instructions. Drain and set aside.
- In cast iron pan set over coals or campfire (or on the stovetop), whisk together milk, cream cheese, salt, pepper and mustard, stirring until smooth. A cheese and stir until all cheese is melted.
- Add noodles and cook for 1-2 minutes until heated through. Serve with additional cheese if desired.