Add a little glamp to camp with this easy shortcut to classic French crème brulée!
Camp Crème Brulée
- 1 (3.4 oz) box vanilla instant pudding
- ¾ cup milk
- ¾ cup heavy cream or half & half
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar, for brulée
- Fresh berries, for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk together pudding, milk, cream, vanilla and salt. Continue whisking for 2 minutes until pudding thickens.
- Spoon into heat-proof bowls or cups and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. (Don’t cover pudding with plastic wrap)
- To brulée, sprinkle about 2 teaspoons of sugar over the top of each pudding and shake to evenly distribute.
- Hold a brulée torch 4-5 inches from the sugar and move it slowly back and forth until sugar turns dark golden brown and caramelizes. Alternately, set puddings on a baking sheet and place under the broiler for 5-10 minutes, rotating occasionally.
- Top with fresh fruit and serve immediately.
About the Author: Kampgrounds of America
Kampgrounds of America is the largest system of open-to-the-public campgrounds in the world, with over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. Founded in Billings, MT in 1962, KOA’s family of campground brands – KOA Journey, KOA Holiday and KOA Resort – today serve more than a million camping families each year. KOA is dedicated to “connecting people to the outdoors and each other” by providing people with a variety of camping experiences and the information they need to make the most of their camping trip. Read more of their camping and travel resources by visiting KOA.com/blog.