Ice cream sandwiches from scratch? You sure can with this easy camping dessert recipe that uses a griddle and brownie mix. Make it at home or at the campground!
Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 (20-ounce) box brownie mix with chocolate chip
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup oil
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 pints ice cream or frozen yogurt, any flavor
- Preheat grill and oiled griddle to 350 degrees.
- Combine brownie mix, eggs, oil and flour in a bowl, batter will be very thick.
- Scoop batter onto preheated griddle, making 14-16 cookies.
- Turn down heat to low and close grill. If your grill is large enough, turn off burners under the griddle and keep the other burner(s) on to bake cookies over indirect heat. (Note: you can also bake the cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet in a 350°F oven for 10-12 minutes)
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, checking after 10 minutes to see of cookies are getting too brown on the bottom.
- Slice each pint of ice cream into four rounds.
- Sandwich each ice cream round between two cookies.
About the Author: Kampgrounds of America
Kampgrounds of America is the largest system of open-to-the-public campgrounds in the world, with over 500 locations across the United States and Canada. Founded in Billings, MT in 1962, KOA’s family of campground brands – KOA Journey, KOA Holiday and KOA Resort – today serve more than a million camping families each year. KOA is dedicated to “connecting people to the outdoors and each other” by providing people with a variety of camping experiences and the information they need to make the most of their camping trip. Read more of their camping and travel resources by visiting KOA.com/blog.