This breakfast packs big flavor in a small package.
- 4 onion or sourdough rolls (unsliced)
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tbsp chopped roasted red pepper
- 2 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or jack cheese
- Preheat grill to medium high, 350 degrees. Carefully cut off just the tops of rolls (like you would when carving a pumpkin) and hollow out, making sure to leave enough lining the bottom and sides so egg won’t leak out.
- Line bottom of rolls with Canadian bacon. Crack an egg into each roll. Divide the red pepper, onion and cheese between each roll.
- Wrap each roll in heavy duty foil. Turn off flame on one side of the preheated grill. Place foil pack on unlit side and close the lid. Bake for 15-20 minutes until eggs have set.
Note: This breakfast can be prepared ahead and easily assembled at your campsite. If you’re making at home, bake foil-wrapped buns in a 350-degree oven.
Makes four servings.