Fall flavors combine into the perfect, easy dessert.
Whether you’re looking for a last minute Thanksgiving recipe or just something a little sweet, our take on baked apples is sure to please.
Slow Cooker Baked Apples
- 4 medium apples of choice
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 4 Tbsp butter, cut
- Cut the top half inch of apples. Use a spoon or melon baller to scoop out the core of each apple, leaving the bottom intact.
- In a bowl, mix oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and walnuts until incorporated. Cut butter into small chunks and work into oat mixture to create crumble.
- Stuff each apply with the oat and butter mixture before placing into a slow cooker in one layer. Cover and cook on high for about 2 hours, or until soft.
- Once apples have softened, carefully plate and serve immediately with toppings of choice.
Extra Tip: Consider adding the removed sections of apple to the slow cooker as well prior to cooking. Sprinkle with a bit of brown sugar and butter and cook as usual. Serve alongside each apple.