Enjoy Your Getaway at This St. Louis, MO, Campground!
Enjoy a quiet campground getaway minutes from St. Louis' most famous tourist attractions. Located right off Route 66 and a short five-minute journey from Six Flags, St. Louis West / Historic Route 66 KOA Holiday offers campers the best of both worlds!
After enjoying local parks and attractions, visitors can relax at the campground. Site types include everything from Tent Sites to Deluxe Cabins, offering a way to stay for every camper. During your visit here, you can enjoy planned activities and other recreation like swimming, basketball and gem mining. While camping in Eureka, you can be close to St. Louis and have access to all the amenities and activities available at the campground for a comfortable stay.
Things to Do While Staying at St. Louis West KOA Holiday
This campground near Eureka, MO, places the great outdoors and St. Louis tourist sites, destinations and activities right at your doorstep. What kind of adventure will you choose? The campground is 30 minutes away from St. Louis's can't-miss attractions, including the Gateway Arch, the Missouri Botanical Garden, Forest Park and more. With museums, amusement parks and so much more to do and see, you will have a great vacation near St. Louis.
Some more activities you can do while staying at this St. Louis campground are:
- Seek thrills at Six Flags in St. Louis.
- Raft, float or canoe down the Meramec River.
- Tour miles of tunnels, castles, bridges and slides with the entire family at the City Museum.
- Visit Creve Coeur Lake Park, which has the largest natural oxbow lake in Missouri.
- Enjoy the view of the Gateway Arch from a classic St. Louis riverboat cruise.
- Watch an outdoor movie next to a cozy fire in a pavilion.
- Visit your favorite animals at the Saint Louis Zoo.
- View farm animals and more at Grant's Farm or Purina Farms.
- Tour Anheuser-Busch Breweries.
- Spend a day at the St. Louis Art Museum, Transportation Museum or St. Louis History Museum.
- Cheer for the St. Louis Cardinals at Busch Stadium.
St. Louis West / Historic Route 66 KOA Amenities
Families will love experiencing the many amenities offered at the St. Louis West/Historic Route 66 KOA! Kids can enjoy a gem mining station, barrel train rides and Jumping Pillow during the day. Groups and families can make s'mores beneath the trees and stars in gorgeous outdoor pavilions and public meeting spaces. Pets can roam and play in a KampK9® dog park. There is truly something for everyone to enjoy at this St. Louis, MO, KOA Campground. Other amenities include:
- Pool (open Memorial Day to Labor Day)
- Propane and firewood
- Bike rentals
- Ping pong
- Basketball court
- Cable TV
Stay Your Way
Whatever camping experience you are after, you can camp your way at this KOA St. Louis, MO, campground. There are several ways to stay, whether you want to camp in style at one of KOA's Deluxe Cabins or park your RV at one of the pet-friendly Patio RV Sites. Or, set up camp in a power- and water-accessible Premium Tent Site. KOA also offers a unique, cozy Caboose cabin that can accommodate up to four people. Here is a bit more detail about each camping or lodging option:
- RV Sites: Choose from Back-In or Pull-Thru Sites with water and electric only or full hookups. For a premium camping experience, try a site with a KOA Patio®.
- Lodging: With everything from Camping Cabins to Deluxe Cabins, there is an option for every camper at our St. Louis campground.
- Tent Sites: Pitch a tent on a comfortable grass or mulch pad and camp with your pet at any Tent Site.
Want to stay longer? This Eureka campground has extended stay options between November 1 and May 1. Contractors working in the area often choose the campground for its convenient access to the city. Families also like to stay over winter and enjoy winter events like skiing nearby.
The campground also makes an excellent group vacation spot. Bring your scout troop, work team, family or church group. The helpful staff can work with you to find adjacent sites and coordinate group activities in the pavilion or indoor event room. Many even host receptions in these areas after a ceremony at the Granite Cliffs.
If you want a place where you can have fun and relax without driving somewhere else, this campground near Six Flags in St. Louis is a perfect choice. During the day, you can dip in the heated pool or work on your tan around the pool deck. The campground also has Fun Cycle bike rentals, allowing you to explore the campground on wheels.
Kids can also look for something shiny while panning for gems and minerals or bounce on the Jumping Pillow. If you want even more, the campground also has horseshoes, washer toss, ping pong and full-court basketball.
The incredible KOA staff also plans daily and weekly activities so that there is always something new to do. During the summer, kiddos can adventure through the park with daily barrel train rides or go on a flashlight lollipop hunt. The pavilion also offers outdoor movies with drinks and snacks. Even during rainy days, there is a backup plan to keep the fun going. Indoor activities include crafts, book swaps, bingo and kiddie disco parties.
Book Your Stay at This Route 66 Campground Today!
Ready to make memories at St. Louis West / Historic Route 66 KOA Holiday? However you enjoy camping, there is no better place to stay if you want to explore the wonders of St. Louis and then return to a comfortable campsite. If you are looking for camping in St. Louis, Missouri, our campground has everything you need and more. Book your stay today!