You've found Springfield's best camping! The Springfield/Route 66 KOA offers long pull-thru RV sites, tent camping, and cabins.
Where Is Springfield KOA Located?
Explore the Midwest around Springfield/Route 66 KOA Holiday. Camping near Springfield, MO, provides many historical landmarks and things to see. Consider making a stop on your road trip to visit the Route 66 Car Museum, where you can find famous cars like the Ecto-1 from "Ghostbusters" and vehicles owned by celebrities.
For a fun dining experience, eat country food, like fried chicken, while surrounded by planes and hot air balloons at the Hangar Kafe. When staying at campgrounds near Route 66, you can also visit Route 66's Steak 'N Shake, on the National Register of Historic Places, for burgers and milkshakes. You cannot go wrong with these iconic food spots when you drive the famous Route 66.
What to Do While Camping at Springfield KOA
Springfield, Missouri, is the perfect place for nature lovers, history buffs, sports enthusiasts, golfers, shoppers, cave explorers and theme park goers. Campgrounds near Branson offer charming city-life experiences for family vacations. Plan your trip with plenty of memorable attractions, activities and adventures for your groups of friends and family:
- Attractions: Learn about hunting and fishing at the Wonders of Wildlife National Museum and Aquarium, located only 14 minutes from the campground. Enjoy three miles of trails with nature and conservation exhibits at the Springfield Conservation Nature Center or learn about Civil War history at the Civil War Museum and Wilson's Creek National Battlefield. Sports fans love the Missouri Sports Hall of Fame, about 15 minutes away from the campground and Hammons Field for some baseball.
- Activities: Enjoy an 18-hole golf course adjoining our campground or visit Deer Lake Golf Course, Getaway Golf and BigShots Golf. If you like shopping, visit the Battlefield Mall with over 160 stores, including the Bass Pro Shops Outdoor World Flagship Store, less than 20 minutes from the campground. Find antique treasures at the Relics Antique Mall and Tea Room, only 12 minutes away.
- Adventures: Drive past giraffes and other animals at Wild Animal Safari, about 25 minutes away. Explore the only cave large enough for vehicles at The Fantastic Caverns or see a slice of history at the Smallin Civil War Cave. Adventure lovers enjoy Silver Dollar City's thrilling rides and entertainment that is about 50 minutes away.
What Amenities Does Springfield/Route 66 KOA Offer?
Take home unique gifts and souvenirs from our Kampstore or buy essential RV supplies and grocery items. Our staff delivers purchased firewood, propane, donuts and pizza directly to your campsite. You can also purchase tasty meals from our on-site Hunt Brothers Pizza or snack bar. Feel free to cook in our Kamping Kitchen for your convenience or around site fire rings and grills.
Want something fun to do? We offer yard games like cornhole and ladder toss at the front desk with game pieces. Fun recreational amenities at Springfield/Route 66 KOA Holiday include a seasonal swimming pool, bike rentals, a recreation room, a playground, photo booths, gem mining and more. Bring your furry family member to the pet playground or KampK9® where they can run around with other dog pals. Amenities you will find when you stay with us include Wi-Fi, curbside phone check-in and electric vehicle charging. There is a 50 maximum amp and a 90-foot maximum length.
What Site Types Are Available?
Enjoy the fun of camping in Springfield, Missouri. When you stay at Springfield/Route 66 KOA Holiday, you will wake up to beautiful sunrises, experience unforgettable sunsets and find plenty of adventure. See rates and availability for your next holiday or company retreat.
- RV Sites with a KOA Patio®: Treat yourself while camping in your RV. In addition to KOA Patios® at our RV Sites, you can find Pull-Thru and Back-In Sites, sewer and water. Each site also includes a hard surface and patio with furniture and additional seating. Cook your tasty meals using our extra fire features. Pets are allowed, and there is an exclusive RV Site dog park.
- Deluxe Cabins with full baths: Camp in comfort in a luxury cabin with a private bathroom, full or partial kitchen and two bedrooms. Relax knowing you will have linens, a fridge, a coffee maker and a TV. Enjoy an extra-large outdoor area with patio furniture and additional seating around a fire ring, gas grill and extra fire features. Pets are allowed.
- Camping Cabin with patio and no bathroom: Bring your towel and bed linens to this cozy, clean one-bedroom cabin. Each cabin includes a small fridge, TV with cable and patio space. Pets are allowed in the Camping Cabins as well.
- Individual Tent Sites: Experience a night under the stars with our Tent Sites. Individual Tent Site options include 15-foot or 20-foot square tent pads on grass or gravel and parking. After cooking around the fire ring, eat at a picnic table and additional seating. Pets are allowed.
Organize your group's next event or retreat with exceptional amenities and rates. We offer group packages, like a small pavilion rental with Kamping Kitchen use, a large pavilion rental with pool access and group rates for RV Sites and cabins.
Other Important Information
We're excited for you to visit Springfield/Route 66 KOA Holiday. Prepare for your stay by reading about our campground policies. Review the check-in and check-out processes to know what to do when you get here.
Please respect our campgrounds in Springfield, MO with these safety policies. Keep pets, kids, adults and environments safe by following these policies so you can enjoy your stay. Please view more general camp information or ask your campground hosts if you have questions.
- Pets: All pets must remain on a leash, not enter buildings and not be left unattended at campsites and cabins.
- Pool: Adults must accompany all children under 18.
- Campfire: Fire is allowed in designated fire rings unless otherwise noted.
- Trash: Please put any garbage you have in bins throughout the campground or in the large dumpsters next to the KOA garage. You can also leave tied garbage bags outside your rig for us to pick up in the morning.
Check-In and Check-Out
All visitors must register at the office and pay a day-use fee. The operating hours are from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. every day of the week. Please follow these directions if you arrive late after the office has closed:
- Tent Sites and RV Sites: Check-in is anytime after 1 p.m., and check-out is 11 a.m.
- Cabins: Check-in is 3 p.m. and check-out is 11 a.m.
- Arriving late with a reservation: A site map with your site number and name will be waiting for you on the exterior wall to the right of the main building's front door.
- Arriving late without a reservation: Look through night registration instructions and materials located outside the front door of the main building and put a filled-out night registration envelope with your payment in the lockbox.
Call 417-831-3645 to reserve your stay or get rates and availability online today!