General Campground Information
IMPORTANT DATES & TIMES
June - September
8 a.m. - 8 p.m. Fri. & Sat.
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sun. - Thu.
October - May
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sun. - Sat.
Reduced Mid-Day & Mid-Week Hours
We still answer phones during these times.
POOL HOURS: May - October
10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
QUIET HOURS: 10 p.m. - 8 a.m.
(Turn off music & videos and use "indoor voices." Sound travels in these hills!)
BRIGHT LIGHTS OUT: 11 p.m.
(Turn off bright lights & enjoy the dark sky!)
CAMPFIRES OUT: Midnight
(Douse the fire with water and return to your assigned site. Night Night!)
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT TIMES VARY BY SITE TYPE
1:00 P.M. RV & Tent Sites
3:00 P.M. Cabins & Yurts
11 a.m. All Sites
10 P.M. Day-Use Visitors must leave by 10 p.m.
EARLY CHECK-IN & LATE CHECK-OUT
May be available upon request for a fee. Please call to inquire.
QUIET HOURS: 10 P.M. - 8 A.M.
REGISTERED GUESTS & VISITOR POLICY
BEFORE entering the campground, each person and each vehicle must STOP & REGISTER in the store.
Every vehicle must display a KOA car tag while on the campground.
Please provide all vehicle license plate numbers and the number of adults & children at Check-in.
MAXIMUM SITE CAPACITY:
Every Site Has a Different Maximum Number of Guests Allowed.
Please verify the Max Capacity of your site before making a Reservation.
Total Guests, including babies and children, may not exceed the Maximum Capacity for the Site.
No Visitors are allowed on the campground. Please include all people who will be on your site in your reservation.
ADDITIONAL REGISTERED GUESTS:
More than 4 Guests in Cabins & Yurts: $10/Person/Night
More than 2 Guests in RV & Tent Sites: $7/Person/Night
Additional Guests Under the Age of 7 are FREE...but are still counted.
SADLY, NO DAY PASSES WILL BE ISSUED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE:
Everyone must be a Registered Guest to be on-site. Please do not invite Non-Registered Visitors to your site.
If a Registered Guest wishes to have Visitors, please register and pay for Visitors/Additional Guests at Check-in.
***ALL RATES AND MAXIMUM CAPACITIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE.
8:00 A.M. - 8:00 P.M. Friday & Saturday June - September
CAMPFIRE & FIREWOOD POLICY
- Please do not gather wood or kindling from the campground.
- Do not move the fire ring.
- All firewood must fit inside the fire ring.
- Keep flames below 3 feet.
- Fire must be attended at all times.
- Please douse fire with water before going to bed and before checkout.
- Do not put any ashes in dumpster.
- ALL FIRES MUST BE OUT BY MIDNIGHT
P.S. In 2022, our fire insurance went from $30,000/year to $86,000/year due to the increased fire danger in our area of California. Please do your part to help prevent wildfires.
- Santa Margarita KOA Swimming Pool is for Registered Guests ONLY!
- Swimsuits are required. No cutoffs or nude sunbathing. No glass bottles, smoking or pets on the pool deck.
- Please shower before entering the pool, especially if you have just come from a soapy, sandy or muddy activity.
P.S. No Free-Swim Tuesdays Until Further Notice. We are sorry for the inconvenience. The beach is still open & free!
Meet Your Hosts
Santa Margarita KOA is "The Best-Kept Secret on the Central Coast!"Wolf and Lisa Loveless joined The Award-Winning Santa Margarita KOA Team in 2021 as On-Site Managers. Our Guest Service is top-notch with the Best Staff in the West. Come enjoy the great outdoors and let us help you make memories that will last a lifetime. Our business is making you a Happy Camper.
* The Jacobsma Family and Partners have owned the Santa Margarita KOA since 1989. Karen Jacobsma has been the General Manager since 2011.