General Campground Information
Open April 15th - November 1st:
Sunday through Thursday 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Friday & Saturday: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Memorial Day - Labor Day
Sunday - Thursday 8:00AM - 8:00PM
Friday & Saturday 8:00AM - 10:00PM
Reservations, Deposit, Cancellations and Refunds
Holiday and Special Events requiring a minimum 3-night stay are excluded; there will be no refunds. *Memorial Day: May 31st - Independence Day: July 4th – Labor Day: September 6th – Columbus Day: October 11th
You may book a reservation that begins as far as exactly 1 year out to date.
Example: On June 1st 2021 you are able to book for a reservation that begins on June 1st 2022
Reservations for the next calendar year may be booked in person or by calling 315.891.7355 after 8:00am.
Online reservations for the next calendar year will be available after October 31st.
Minimum Stay Requirements
Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis depending on availability & site type, please contact us directly at 315.891.7355 to inquire.
There is a 3-Night Minimum on all Holiday Weekends:
Memorial Day: May 31st - Independence Day: July 4th – Labor Day: September 6th – Columbus Day: October 11th
The West Canada Creek is subject to sudden water surges from the upstream power dam. Wading anglers, Kayakers, and tubers must be careful to watch for rising waters and then quickly move to shore. There are public access points for the creek at each end of our campground, please refrain from crossing through other campers sites while entering/ exiting the water.
Basic Tent sites may have a maximum of 1 tent per site, and no more than 6 people.
New York State Law: copy of the rabies certificate/ vaccines must be presented at time of check in for all pets. A copy will be kept on file for the duration of your stay. Documentation of Dog Breed must also be provided.
Herkimer Diamond Mines KOA Campground does not accept certain breeds that have been identified by the major insurance providers as having a history of unfriendly and aggressive behavior to other dogs and to humans. These breeds are Pit Bulls, Rottweiler's, Dobermans and any mix of these breeds.
We love four legged friends but please leave aggressive dogs at home!
If you have any doubt about your dog's behavior towards strangers or camping, please reconsider bringing them camping.
- Limit 2 dogs. For additional dogs please inquire at time of reservation. Additional charges may apply.
- Must be on a leash or contained at all times (except in our Kamp K9).
- No leashes over 6ft.long. When tied up at your site, you must ensure they are unable to reach the road or any other site.
- Pets must be picked up after - even at your site.
- Dogs that are barking constantly or exhibit aggressive behavior toward any other camper, staff member, or animal will be asked to exit the park. Please don't bring your pet if you think they may ruin someone else's relaxing weekend!
- Please do not leave your pet unattended anywhere on our property.
- No dogs inside ANY buildings or on ANY playgrounds. Our KOA Campground does not allow pets inside any building except for the following approved buildings: KL17, KL18, DK5, K09, K10, K18, K19, KT1 and SL3. A pet fee of $10.00 per pet, per night is required for our Pet Friendly buildings.
- Dogs are welcome at Miners' Village, but are not allowed in the actual rock quarry, any building, or in the Cafe seating area. Please clean the area after your pet has visited. Pets must be on leash at all times.
- Service dogs of all breeds are welcome at our KOA Campground. However, these animals must follow leash restraint policies and may not exhibit aggressive behavior
- Comfort/Therapy/Emotional support pets are required to follow our pet policies and a $10.00 per pet per night fee will apply in our pet friendly lodging.
Personal Code of Conduct
Meet Your Hosts
.“Some days I wake up and I'm a leader, trying to develop strategy and vision. Some days, I get up and I'm a manager and I try to develop a mission. But every day I am an educator.
“I like to use our vision and focus on experiences. I don't want to just own a campground, or a diamond mine. I want to create an experience for the customer to take away. For us, work is theater but it is also our passion. We take it to a more authentic investment of time.
“When a little girl comes into the diamond store and finds a diamond and makes a piece of jewelry with it, that is a memorable experience for her; that is what I find rewarding. Or a little boy who has never camped or fished before and we show him what a trout looks like or he finds a crayfish – that is memorable.
“Despite the changing economy, we have had steady incremental growth in all four of our businesses the last 15 consecutive years. I think the reason is we lead, we manage, we educate. No matter where we are, we are utilizing our distinctions, our diamond mines, the West Canada Creek, the Erie Canal and our KOA family. We leverage that every day of the year,” says Renée.
“Taking experiences to a whole new level is extremely rewarding for both us and our customers.”