General Campground Information
Check In Time
Deluxe Cabins: 3:00pm
Check Out Time
Hours of Operation
Pool & Lazy River Hours: 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
Quiet Hours: 10:00 pm - 8:00 am (During quiet hours children 16 and under must be on their site or accompanied by a parent.)
Laundry Room: Open 24 Hours
Wildlife Awareness While Camping in Galveston
- RV & Tent Sites: 48 hours cancellation notice is required. Notify your KOA by 4 p.m. two days before your scheduled arrival.
- Deluxe Cabins: 7 day cancellation notice is required. Notify your KOA by 4 p.m. 7 days before your scheduled arrival.
- Extended Stay Sites: 30 day cancellation notice is required. Notify your KOA by 4pm 30 days before your scheduled arrival.
- Holidays and special events may have special deposit and/or cancellation requirements. Special conditions may apply during high-demand periods and special events. Please call 409-200-2745 for more details.
Golf Cart Policy
Golf carts must:
- Be operated by a licensed driver
- Drive only on streets/paved roads
- Park in designated parking spots or on site. Golf carts cannot park on grass.
- Obey posted speed limit of 10mph
Pets are not permitted in common buildings, pool or lazy river. Our cabins are pet friendly but require an additional fee.
- Visitors to the campground must pay a $20 per person daily fee (guests under 2 are free)
- All guests must check in at the office to receive a wristband and pay the visitor fee.
- Maximum of 4 visitors per site daily.
- All daily visitors are welcome to visit between 9:00 am and 8:00 pm.
- Visitor Access to campground amenities (such as pool or lazy river) may be restricted due to maximum occupancy rules.
- Campground management reserves the right to adjust visitor policy at any time. Guests found not following campground rules will be asked to leave. Visitor fees are non-refundable.
The number of day guests permitted during peak season (Memorial Day Weekend to Labor Day Weekend) or holiday weekends may be limited.
After Hours / Emergency Number
If this is a fire, police or health emergency please dial 9-1-1
Meet Your Hosts
Welcome to Galveston Island KOA Holiday!Tammy Hollander and her husband Marc took an interesting path to their jobs at Galveston Island KOA Holiday. They met in the music industry, then decided snow was no longer their friend and moved from the Midwest to the Florida Keys. Hurricane Irma brought them to Orlando/Kissimmee KOA Holiday where they assisted in clean up, which ultimately led them to fall in love with Kampgrounds of America. Tammy and Marc look forward to meeting new guests and getting involved in the Galveston community, come visit and say hello!