Is Galveston Island Pet-Friendly?
Come to Galveston Island With Your Pets
When it comes to pet-friendly, Galveston Island offers an excellent vacation option. This Texas destination has plenty of beautiful spots to splash in the ocean, grab a bite and do other activities with your pet. Plan the perfect Galveston Island getaway with this guide to all the best locations to bring your pet.
Enjoy the sun and sand at any beach on Galveston Island with your pet. All area beaches allow pets if you keep them on a leash. The island is an excellent place to relax on the sand or walk along the seashore. Here are a few of the best Galveston pet-friendly beaches:
- Terramar Beach: This secluded beach away from the crowds of downtown Galveston is the perfect place to relax. Pack a picnic lunch and all your favorite beach activities.
- San Luis Beach: Drive your four-wheel-drive vehicle along this giant beach and find a perfect place to settle down along the shore. Visitors love the beach for its fishing, birding and gorgeous sunsets.
- Jamaica Beach: This peaceful beach lets you park along the water and set up a spot with your furry friend. Visitors appreciate the beautiful beach with its gentle waves.
- Half Moon Beach: Drive directly onto the beach and park, then relax near your car. Listen to the crashing waves and collect some unique shells to bring home.
Restaurants Allowing Pets
Grabbing a bite to eat with your pet is easy on Galveston Island. The area has many outdoor dining spots that allow pets. Some even have special dog-friendly menus so your furry friend can eat a meal with you. Here are a few pet-friendly restaurants in Galveston:
- West End Marina and Restaurant: The downstairs Sandbar Grille has an outdoor dining space for pets with a beautiful water view. Dine on delicious seafood and let your pet relax with a water bowl.
- Mosquito Cafe: This downtown Galveston dining spot has a large shaded patio for dining with your pet. Visit for breakfast, lunch or dinner and get classic American foods.
- Shark Shack Beach Bar and Grill: Grab seafood and traditional pub fare and dine with your pet in the outdoor sidewalk area. You will love the friendly service and delicious food.
- Waterman's Restaurant: This classy dining joint has a welcoming patio space for your pets. You can even order a meal for your dog from a special pup menu.
Beyond beaches and dining joints, you will find plenty to do when taking your dog on vacation. Here are a few ideas for dog-friendly activities:
- Visit a park: Visit Lindale Dog Park to let your dog run and play in the grassy areas and agility space. Stop by Menard Park for the dog park, walking trails and splash pad.
- Go shopping: The Strand in downtown Galveston has many blocks of shopping. Window-shop with your pet or visit pet-friendly stores like Surf Styles Surf Shop and Dorothy Mays.
- See dolphins: Bring your pup out on the water and look for dolphins while learning more about Galveston. BayWatch Dolphin Tours lets your dog enjoy the sea breezes for no additional charge.
- Take some pictures: Stop by Buster's Old-Time Photos to pick up a souvenir picture with your pet. The professional staff will keep your dogs calm and get excellent pet pictures.
- Go paddleboarding: Visit SUP Gulf Coast to rent a paddle board and explore the ocean. Your water-loving furry friends will love balancing on the front as you paddle.
Take Your Dog on Vacation
Galveston Island will keep you and your pet entertained throughout your entire vacation. Once you have a list of things to do, come to Galveston Island KOA Holiday for pet-friendly vacation rentals in Galveston. New Paw Pen sites give your dog a private, off-leash play area with grass and shade.
Browse rentals and reserve a site online today.