Internet reservations are currently not available for this KOA: Galveston Island KOA Holiday
Please call the campground directly to make your reservations at 409-200-2745. Thank you.
Best Places to Listen to Live Music in Galveston
The Galveston live music scene features a diverse array of talented performers and venues. Bands and solo artists perform genres like blues, jazz, rock, and country while you're grabbing a bite at a local restaurant and bar or enjoying the ambiance of an outdoor venue. This guide covers all locations and opportunities to experience live music in Galveston.
Bars and Restaurants With Live Music
Many food joints throughout Galveston are known for their live music. Some have outdoor patios allowing you to feel the ocean breezes as you listen. Others have indoor areas for performers to play and sing. Here are a few of the most popular spots to check out:
- Yaga's Cafe: With live entertainment every weekend, this dining joint is an excellent place to experience the nightlife in Galveston. Grab a bite with casual eats and a fruity cocktail.
- West End Marina: This seafood restaurant features live music every Friday and Saturday. Choose from two dining locations: the Palapa or the Sandbar.
- Old Quarter Acoustic Cafe: This bar aims to showcase talented local artists in a cozy, laid-back atmosphere. Order a drink and sip while you listen to the artists on stage.
- Tin Cup's Caddy Shack: Grab a drink and do some putting at this fun bar venue. The location hosts live music seasonally for visitors to enjoy.
- B. Jiggers Lounge: This dining location offers a beautiful beach view and delightful live music and dancing. The venue also hosts karaoke nights.
- Woody's Beach Bar: Stop here for a drink and entertainment after a day on the beach. You will find live music, pool tables and a gorgeous view of the Gulf.
To find out who is playing where check out a Galveston live music calendar.
Locations With Street Performances
Beyond the bars and restaurants with talented live bands, you can often find performers in the streets in busy areas throughout Galveston. To find street performers, check out popular shopping spots and tourist attractions. The Strand is a charming historic district known for shopping, dining and entertainment. While walking the streets, you might find musical performers and other acts.
You might also find live music at the Galveston Seawall. This 10-mile stretch of beach along the Gulf of Mexico is a popular tourist destination and often hosts performers. Along the seawall, you will also find the Galveston Island Pleasure Pier with rides, dining, shops and sometimes performers.
Festivals and other events in Galveston are also excellent opportunities to hear live performers. The Galveston Island Beach Revue is a family-friendly, historic-themed event with classic cars, vintage vendors and live music. It happens for two days each year during the summer.
Live Music Concert Venues
When you want just the music, without visiting a restaurant or touring the city, consider attending a concert. The Grand 1894 Opera House is a beautiful historic location for music. It is an intimate venue with superb acoustics. The building also preserves the historic beauty of the old opera house. Come for musicals, country and gospel music performances.
Attend an outdoor concert at the Eugenia and George Sealy Pavilion any Tuesday during the summer. The Galveston Beach Band plays in the pavilion with a concert band, jazz ensemble and vocalist. Genres include rock, jazz, marches and movie music. Visiting children even get the chance to participate with maracas and a post-performance children's parade.
Stay at a Campground With Live Music
Give yourself access to live music with a reservation at Galveston Island KOA Holiday. The campground features live performances almost every weekend at the poolside. Browse RV Sites or Deluxe Cabins for a comfortable and convenient location to explore Galveston Island during your next vacation.
Reserve a site online for live music and access all the best Galveston offers.