General Campground Information
Campground Cancellation Policy
Due to holidays, high-demand periods, and special events throughout the season, our policy differs from the KOA's national cancellation guideline detailed below.
Our high-demand period is from May 5, 2023 to October 15, 2023 and KOA's national guideline only pertains to reservations outside of this period.
All cancellations when the guest chooses to use the "KOA Select My Site" when making the reservation will also not be refunded the $20 non-refundable fee. VIPs are also subject to this reservation fee, as it is optional to use the "KOA Select My Site" feature and is non-refundable to all guests.
RV and Tent Site Reservations:
a) If canceled 7 days prior to 1:00 pm of your arrival date, your deposit minus the standard KOA cancellation service fee of $10 will be refunded.
b) If canceled after the 7th day 1:00 pm deadline, the entire deposit will be forfeited.
Deluxe Cabin and Camping Cabin Reservations:
a) If canceled 30 days prior to 3:00 pm of your arrival date, your deposit minus the standard KOA cancellation service fee of $10 will be refunded.
b) If canceled after the 30th day 3:00 pm deadline, the entire deposit is forfeited.
No Refunds for early departures. All modifications to reservations must be made prior to the cancellation deadline.
National KOA Cancellation Guidelines
To guarantee your campsite, a deposit equal to at least your first night will be charged to your credit card at the time you make your reservation. Make your online reservations anytime, day or night, at KOA.com. You'll receive a confirmation email from the campground once you complete your reservation.
- Need to Cancel? If you need to cancel your reservation, please call 800-562-7610 before the deadlines listed below to receive your deposit refund, minus a $10 cancellation fee. Text and email notifications of cancellations are not acceptable.
- RV & Tent Sites: 48 hours cancellation notice is required. Notify your KOA by 4 pm two days before your scheduled arrival.
- Camping Cabins: 7 days cancellation notice is required. Please notify your KOA one week before your scheduled arrival.
- Deluxe Cabins & Unique Accommodations: These units may have special deposit and cancellation requirements. Please check with your selected KOA campground location when making your reservations.
- Reservation made after these deadline require non-refundable deposits. Cancellations made after deadlines will result in forfeiture of all deposits.
- Holiday and special events may have special deposit and/or cancellation requirements. Special conditions may apply during high-demand periods and special events. Please check with your selected KOA for details.
KOA Select My Site
If you are using this option and there is a site # you would like to reserve that isn't available in the drop-down list, there is a chance that it may still be available. You can put in the reservation special request the site # you would like to lock in and give us your permission to charge the $20 nonrefundable lock fee. If the site is available or becomes available, we'll lock it in for you.
As always, if the guest chooses not to use this feature, they still are guaranteed the specific site type they reserved, just not a certain site # and they may not be next to their group. The campground reserves the right without notice to change site #s within the site type that was chosen. Final site #s will be assigned at check-in and are subject to change at any time until then. We will do our best to accommodate your site requests; however, using KOA Select My Site will be the only way to guarantee it.
KOA National Pet Policy
BEFORE YOU GO:
- Call ahead. Check with the campground about its specific pet policies. Some don't allow pets in Cabins, for example, or may have limited pet units. Others don't accept particular breeds that insurance providers have identified as having history or aggression.
- Bring your helper. Service dogs are welcome at all KOA Kampgrounds (Leash and aggressive behavior rules apply).
WHEN YOU ARRIVE:
- Good behavior is required. Dogs of any breed that are hostile or aggressive will be asked to leave the campground, along with their owners.
- Bring the lease. Dogs must be kept on leashes no longer than 6 feet when outside their owner's vehicles or rental units. Do no leave a tethered dog unattended.
- Remember manners. Constant barking bothers other campers. If your pet is too vocal, you'll need to find other accommodations.
- *Some campgrounds may charge for additional pets.
Our Campground Pet Exclusions
Store Hours (in season)
Friday: 9 am to 7 pm
Saturday: 9 am to 11 am and 3 pm to 6 pm
Due to staffing shortages, store may be closed periodically to assist guests.
Water Wars - The Ultimate Water Balloon Game
Firewood and Campfire Policy
We also only allow pallet wood into the campground that is pallet wood that is free from nails and staples.
Campfires are to be kept small and within the campfire ring. Do not move campfire rings. Campfires must be attended to at all times and completely extinguished with water when retiring for the evening. Absolutely no burning of garbage, paper, cans, glass, etc.
Gathering dead logs, downed wood, and/or cutting tree branches from the campground is prohibited. Please be respectful of our property and our neighbor's property.
We sell, for your convenience, prepackage kiln-dried, USDA certified firewood at the camp store and we can deliver it right to your site.
Quiet Hours Policy
If you're intoxicated, we will call you an Uber, at your expense, to take you to the nearest motel/hotel of your choosing. You then can make arrangements to pick up your RV and vehicle by the 11 am check-out time the next day.
In the state of Pennsylvania, your reservation is a license for use and can be revoked at any time for not following the posted policies and rules.
Pennsylvania Statute §1311
A complete copy of the Pennsylvania Statute §1311 Hotelkeepers & Campground Owners (Title 48) is posted at the front desk and online at website - Pennsylvania General Assembly.
- 2225 Downs Dr, Erie, PA 16509
- 55 Brent Ave, Erie, PA 16509
Plugging your EV/Hybrid vehicles into any of our electrical pedestals or any type of our electrical system is NOT permitted as it can cause major damage to either our equipment or your vehicle. Guest is responsible for all damages done by not following this posted policy.
One Camping Unit Per Site
RV, Cabin, and Tent Reservations
Check-in and Check-out Times
Check-in on all Cabins: 3 pm
Check-out is no later than 11 am on all RV, Tent, and Cabin sites
We do not allow early check-in or late departures. You must call ahead to obtain approval for special circumstances. Due to liability, campground is restricted to checked-in guest and early access is not permitted or staying after the 11 am check-out time is not permitted. For everyone's safety, please wait until your check-in time before entering the campground property, as our drive gets backed up with RV and Tent registrations at their 1 pm check-in time.
Fees are per day regardless on the length of their stay:
- Visitor passes are $8 per adult per/day, $3 per child per/day, and additional vehicle passes are $5 per day. Visitors must park in overflow parking, which is limited parking and based on first come first served basis, with registered guest having 1st priority.
- All visitors must leave the campground prior to 10pm and the registered guest is responsible for making sure their visitors leave by this time.
- Those that do not comply will be considered as trespassing and will be asked to leave immediately, along with the guest they are visiting.
- It's the responsibility of the registered guest that their visitors are aware of all the campground policies/rules and that they abide by them.
Cannabis/Marijuana is NOT Permitted in the Campground
Golf Carts and Motorized Vehicles/Scooters
Mail Services and Deliveries
Propane and the Dump Station are for Onsite Guest Only
Extended Stays Over 2-Weeks
Guidelines for the Safety and Enjoyment for All Guests
- Registration is for 2 adults and 2 children, ONE camping (sleeping) unit & ONE vehicle. All additional guests/visitors/vehicles require a per day additional fee regardless of length of stay. Maximum of 6 people per site is permitted. Please see fees under visitor policy.
- Speed Limit is 5 MPH
- Parking Passes must be properly displayed at all times by all registered campers and visitors. This is strictly enforced by security staff and license plate numbers must be on file with the office. Unregistered vehicles are subject to being towed at the owner's expense if they do not display the proper vehicle pass.
- Parking of vehicles is parallel on site, on site's graveled area or go to overflow parking lot. Overflow parking lot is first come first served basis and requires a parking pass at an additional fee. Extra vehicles, such as boats/trailers, require prior approval to reservation and are at management's discretion. Such vehicles may require an additional camping site, as overflow parking is very limited. Such vehicles over 20 ft. in length will require an additional site reservation.
- Swimming Pool - WARNING: No Lifeguard on duty. Children under 16 must be accompanied by parent or legal guardian. Food, alcohol, and glass containers are not allowed in swimming pool area. Please observe and follow all posted swimming pool rules.
- Campground Facilities: The pool and all other campground facilities are for registered guests only. Checked-out guests are no longer permitted to use the pool or any other campground facilities.
- Recreational motorized or electric vehicles are not permitted, except for the legally disabled. Licensed drivers only and must show proof of adequate liability insurance. Please see office when arriving with such vehicles.
- Fireworks, sparklers, ignitables, firearms, or drones are not permitted on any part of the campground at any time. Violators will be asked to leave without refund.
- Bicycles on road ONLY and must observe the 5 MPH speed limit. PA law requires all children 12 and under to wear a helmet while riding a bicycle. No bike riding after dusk. Bicycles must be parked in bike racks, not on roads, playground, or on grass.
- Pond - No wading or swimming. Dogs are not allowed in pond. There are large snapping turtles in and around the pond, that can cause injury. Night fishing is permitted, but fishermen must observe the quiet hours and make sure they are not flashing their flashlights at or near other camper's sites.
- Utility sinks only to be used for the washing of dishes and laundry.
- No Sitting On, Standing On, or Jumping Over Fences - Our fences are to separate or to enclose areas to keep campers safe. The fences are not meant to be sat or stood on.
At the Campground, continued.
- Pets - Good behavior is required. Dogs of any breed that are hostile or aggressive will be asked to leave the campground, along with their owners. Pets must be registered and kept on a leash no longer than 6'. Do not leave a tethered dog unattended. Pets cannot be left unattended on any part of the campground, including the cabins, and are not allowed in buildings, pavilion, swimming pool area, or the playground. Owners must clean up after their pets. Remember manners. Constant barking bothers other campers. If your pet is too vocal, you will need to find other accommodations. The KOA policy is observed at our campground, and a copy is available for review in the store.
- Photography - During your stay with KOA, we may have a photographer capturing camper images and video for use in various marketing materials for Kampgrounds of America, Inc. and for this campground. You hereby consent that all photographs, video footage or voice recording taken of you, your family or guest may be used by Kampgrounds of America, Inc.
At Your Site
- Quiet Hours are 11 pm to 8 am and are STRICTLY enforced. Please see more details under "General Campground Information - Quiet Hours Policy".
- Campfires are to be kept small and within the fire ring only. Do not move your campfire rings. No downed wood can be collected, no part of any trees can be cut down. Please respect our property. Outside firewood is not permitted on the campground property - see more details under "General Campground Information - Firewood and Campfire Policy".
- A Tent is permitted on tent sites ONLY. Otherwise, removal will be required. Only floorless dining tents or gazebos may be erected.
- Vehicles and RVs - You are permitted one RV and one vehicle per assigned site. Vehicles and RVs that do not fit completely on the gravel of your site must be parked in overflow parking area. Please do not park on the grass, drive over the grass, park on other sites, or park on the road.
- Clotheslines must be under 6 ft. in length and must be taken down when not in use. They may also not be tied to trees or other campground property.
- Mats or carpets are not permitted on grass, only on the gravel areas.
- Overnight Use of Lights (Other Than Porch Lights) - With the growing number of RVs with bright LED lights, it is becoming a growing complaint of bright lights shining into neighboring campsites. As a consideration to other campers, please turn off your outside lights when retiring for the night.
- Washing your RV or car at the campground is not permitted.
- Garbage is collected daily by 11 am at your site. Dumpsters in the overflow parking lot are available for your garbage. Please help us recycle your aluminum cans, clean acceptable plastics, and cardboard. Unfortunately, our local recycler does not allow glass to be recycled.
Specific to Cabin Reservations
- Smoking and/or Vaping in All Cabins is NOT Permitted - There will be a minimum of $200 damage fee charged if there is evidence of the use in the cabins. This is especially the case in the use of Cannabis/Marijuana. Damages may include the cost of the reservation after you, if we are unable to honor the next reservation because we are unable to get the odor out by the time of their check-in.
- Pets are NOT Permitted in Deluxe Cabins or on the Site of the Deluxe Cabins - There will be a minimum of $200 damage fee charged if there is evidence of pets in the Deluxe Cabins. Damages may include the cost of the reservation after you, if we are unable to clean all the pet hair, odor, or dander from the cabin in time of the next check-in and if we are unable to honor their reservation.
All campers and their guests are liable for damages they cause to any of the campground property.
Management of Erie KOA is not responsible for damage, injury or loss of accident, theft, or fire to either the property or person of a camper or their guests.