Fishing Tournaments Return With New Procedures
We are pleased to announce that the remaining tagged fish tournaments in Cherokee, NC are on schedule to proceed. The Tim Hill Memorial Fish Tournament (July) and the Qualla Country Fish Tournament (September) will take place on schedule. However, due to the continued Covid-19 threat, a few changes are necessary. We have updated the procedures and the location of the tag turn-in/prize distributions for the continued safety of anglers and Natural Resources staff.
Tags may be turned in on tournament days from 3pm until 6pm. (Additional 1-hour)
- Arrive at the tag turn in location
o 88 Council House Loop, Cherokee NC 28719 – located next to the Veterans Park/Council House entrance, across the road from the Cherokee Welcome Center.
- Pick up the necessary paperwork to fill out at the parking area entrance (sign-in sheet & W-9 Form).
- Fill out forms.
- Place sign-in sheet, W-9 Form, valid permit, proof of registration & colored tags in envelope provided at entrance.
o Fish are not required, only tags.
- Drive around the building to the drive through window.
- Submit envelope to staff at window.
Cash prizes will be distributed at window.
Off of Hwy 441 in Cherokee, turn onto Sequoyah Trail (across from the Cherokee Welcome Center and to the left of the Fair Grounds), take an immediate left onto Council House Loop and follow the signage to the drive through window.
Due to unforeseen circumstance related to the covid-19 virus, the 2020 Rumble in the Rhododendron Fly-Fishing Tournament has been cancelled.