Camping near the beach in Wilmington, NC
Are you looking for an exciting adventure camping near the beach in NC? Wilmington KOA Holiday is approximately 6 miles from beautiful Wrightsville Beach and is just 30 minutes from Carolina Beach. Our campground gives you options to soak up the sun and enjoy the beautiful water the North Carolina coast offers. Being so close to Wilmington, you can even venture along the streets and experience the many benefits of what is on display!
Local Attractions in Wilmington, NC
Being only eight miles from historic downtown Wilmington, staying at this campground in North Carolina puts you right in the middle of all the action. There is so much to do and see that it may seem overwhelming at first glance. Rest assured, our friendly staff can help you find something that will make it a camping trip you will not forget. Some attractions you can find in Wilmington include:
- NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher: From sharks to sea turtles and more, you can connect with the natural world here.
- NC Arboretum: Wander through acres of cultivated gardens or hike and bike along miles of trails.
- Jungle Rapids Family Fun Park: You can enjoy a water park, arcade and go-karts at this exciting destination.
- Children's Museum of Wilmington: Let your kids explore their curiosity with interactive exhibits covering everything from dentistry to grocery shopping.
- Airlie Gardens: Learn about pollinators, go bird watching and experience many other activities in this beautiful garden.
- Lumina Station: Enjoy local shopping in this charming village by the beach with boutiques, dining and a beautiful atmosphere.
- The Riverwalk: This boardwalk and concrete path stretches almost 2 miles along the Cape Fear River and offers access to local museums, parks, shopping and dining.
Beyond these attractions, the biggest draw to Wilmington is the beach. This campground near Wrightsville Beach gives you convenient access to surfing, paddle boarding, swimming and a variety of other water sports. Carolina Beach also has a scenic boardwalk, miles of beach and many events and festivals. You can also visit one of the many state parks in the area!
Available Campground Amenities
When looking for a Wilmington campground that satisfies every need, amenities can make your stay more comfortable and fun. Here are a few amenities our campground offers to give you a wonderful holiday:
- KampK9® dog park
- Open pavilion
- Clean restrooms
- Hot showers
- Kamping Kitchen
- Laundry room
- Computer and TV lounge
When you stay at Wilmington KOA Holiday, you can feel like every need is met. Whether you forgot to bring firewood or need to toss in a load of laundry, you can find amenities to satisfy your needs. Leave the service to us while you enjoy the freedom to go out and make memories with your family and friends.
Recreational Activities We Offer
At the Wilmington KOA Holiday beach campground in NC, we have one goal — to bring you thrilling experiences you can enjoy with friends and family. Our campground offers numerous activities to spice up your camping experience and give you the time of your life. Activities and events offered include:
- Trailmate bike rentals: Comfortably cruise around the campground in the large Fun Cycles and two-seat Joyriders.
- Pool: Make a splash in the large pool or relax poolside with shaded picnic tables and deck chairs.
- Gem mine: The Cape Fear Mining Company is right at this Kampgrounds of America location. Just purchase some ore from the KOA Store.
- Playground and pirate ship: Kids can let their imaginations run wild on the giant pirate ship or play on other playground equipment.
If you are looking for more to do, the fun never ends at this KOA. Round up your group or some neighboring campers for GaGa Ball, ladder ball, volleyball, Bocce ball and more. You will also find a peaceful pond where you can take morning walks or relax on a wooden swing. With planned activities through the spring and summer seasons, there is always an activity to keep you and your kids occupied during your trip. Enjoy scheduled recreational activities like craft time, tie-dye , barrel train rides and more
Ways to Stay With Us in Wilmington, NC
The beauty of a reliable campground is the options you have to choose from. At Wilmington KOA Holiday, campers receive many different offers to give them what they need to have a successful trip. Whether you need a place to park your RV for a night or two or you want to rent a cabin for a week-long camping excursion, this campground has what you need. You will find a variety of ways to stay at our camping destination near Wrightsville and Carolina beaches:
- Lodging: Enjoy the comfort of the indoors while you sleep after spending your days outdoors. You can choose from a Deluxe Cabin or Camping Cabin, depending on your needs.
- RV camping: We offer multiple Pull-Thru and Back-In Sites with full hookups, perfect for quick or long-term stays. Some sites at our Wilmington, North Carolina, RV resort also include a KOA Patio® with included furniture and beautiful landscaping.
- Tent camping: You will love the shaded tent areas with water and electricity to provide an incredible, traditional camping experience. Tent Sites include gravel or sand pads with picnic tables where you can enjoy meals.
If you are planning a family reunion or a large group trip, call the campground at 910-686-7705 to learn more about group camping options and discuss how we can accommodate you. We have a large gazebo with picnic tables and a gas grill, perfect for your get-togethers and parties.
Enjoy the Beach at Wilmington KOA Holiday
Are you planning a weekend getaway with friends or family? Wilmington KOA Holiday is a beautiful destination with an abundance of activities and amenities you will love. If you are looking for RV campgrounds near Wilmington, North Carolina, this KOA is the perfect place. Weekend availability fills up fast, so make sure to book early. You can also stay at the campground midweek to experience all the fun we have to offer. Reserve a site for your beach adventure now!