General Campground Information
OUR SEASON & HOURS
APRIL 29 - OCT 31
FRI & SAT: 9am-9pm
Cancellation INSIDE OF 14 DAYS from your check-in day, results in a NONREFUNDABLE deposit of the 1st nights rate. Cancellation outside of 14 days (2 weeks) of check-in date are refunded deposit, MINUS $20 processing fee per cabin.
RV & TENT SITE
Canceling within 48 hours from your check-in day results in a NONREFUNDABLE first nights deposit. Cancellation outside of 2 days of check in date are refunded deposit, minus $10 processing fee per site.
If no cancellation was made by email or personally talking to a Sunbury KOA reservations clerk and you are a “No Show” on the day of check in your site is forfeited – NO REFUND is given.
Holiday weekends (Memorial, Independence, & Labor) are NOT eligible for any refund whatsoever.
So there is no misunderstandings as to when cancellation was made, we recommend canceling via email. You will receive a cancellation confirmation via email which will be your “proof” of cancellation.
Unfortunately, even in cases of an emergency, illness, travel issues etc. we cannot refund or transfer deposits when a cancellation occurs without proper notice.
YOUR SITE & VISITORS
Site rate includes 5 People & 2 dogs. Children 3 & under are free.
Extra adults beyond the 5 people included is $8/person per night. Extra children beyond the 5 people included is $6/kid per night.
1 UNIT PER SITE
Our sites are to be used by 1 family and 1 camping unit. We cannot accommodate extended family in additional camping units on a site, to ensure neighbors have an enjoyable camping experience.
PICKING YOUR SITE
Specific site choices are not always guaranteed. We try to accommodate every ones needs and requests but cannot promise specific sites.
YOU are responsible for registering and paying for your guests.
Anyone camping or visiting with you must be PRE-REGISTERED.
No more than 7 people per site. A 2nd site is needed if over the 7 person limit.
REFUND, DEPOSIT, PAYMENT
Sadly, we cannot refund any part of your unused stay if you choose to shorten it even in cases of emergency, family crisis, illness, inclement weather, etc. We have turned other families away in order to hold the site for your family.
Sunbury/Columbus KOA is a privately owned campground and we reserve the right to remove any guest or revoke privileges at any time with no refund to maintain the peace and relaxation of our family campers.
1. A deposit of one night's rate is required to hold spot. (We do not hold sites longer than the end of the business day)
2. The deposit will be charged at the time of making the reservation.
3. The deposit is deducted from the amount owed.
1. Balance due at time of check in.
2. Personal Checks: Are not accepted at time of check in but will be accepted up to one week prior to check in.
3. Forms of payment: Cash, Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express
4. ATM Machine located in General Store.
FIREWOOD & PROPANE
2. You may bring in your own firewood. We encourage bringing in kiln dried wood.
We do offer propane filling for all campers. Please visit our welcome station to pay and drop off your tank and we will deliver it to your site when it is filled.
- 4-Person electric golf carts for rent.
- Must be 21 years old AND have a valid driver's license. Anyone who drives the cart must have a valid driver's license. "Temps" not accepted.
- Reserve online when you make your camping reservation.
- $65/day=Weekends & Holidays $55/day=Weekdays.
- One day is considered 10am to 9pm
- May not keep rented carts overnight.
BRINGING YOUR OWN: ELECTRIC ONLY
You may bring in your own electric golf cart for $5 per night
You must have a valid drivers license to drive your golf cart in our park and we do monitor.
AGAIN....NO GAS GOLF CARTS ALLOWED, ONLY ELECTRIC.
- We love four legged friends but please leave aggressive dogs at home!
- If you have a small doubt about your dog's behavior towards strangers or camping, please reconsider bringing them camping.
- Limit 2 dogs. Additional dogs please inquire at time of reservation. Additional charges may apply.
- Cabins are charged for each dog $8 per night
- Must be on a leash or contained at all times (except in our Bark Park).
- No leashes over 6ft.long. When tied up at site, dog may not be able to reach to road.
- Pets must be picked up after-even at your site.
- Dogs that are barking constantly or aggressive may be asked to exit the park. Please don't bring your pet if you think they may ruin someone else's relaxing weekend!
- No dogs tied up outside when you are not there.
- Dogs are not allowed in buildings, playgrounds or POOL.
2. Alcohol is permitted by legal drinking aged adults. If you must leave your site with alcohol in your hand, it
must be covered (koozie, colored cup, thermal mug, etc.).
3. No kegs permitted in the park.
4. Drunk, loud, obnoxious behavior, or fighting is never tolerated and in very rare cases, it would certainly be a reason why a guest would be asked to leave the park with no refund.
5. We are in a dry township and do not sell alcohol.
1. Fireworks, firecrackers or Chinese fire lanterns (the lanterns get caught in our trees!)
2. Guns of any kind (includes BB & paintball) or bows/arrows.
3. ATV's, dirt bikes, “utility” carts or mini motorcycles. You may have battery-operated toys or stand-up
QUIET TIME & SECURITY
Please consider the neighbors around you when playing your music & outdoor TV's loud enough for your own site to hear. Of course both should be off during quiet hours.
Please respect your neighbors and other campers by using roads and pathways instead of cutting through campsites.
We are a gated park. Entrance Gate does NOT open automatically. All campers must register in check-in station and receive a scanner to open gate. All day visitors must leave the park by 9pm.
Security cameras are in use and placed throughout the park.
Campground representatives make “rounds” throughout the day and late evening to pick up trash and be there for assistance.
Our office phones turn off at 9pm closing so messages are received the following day office opens.. To reach management after hours, there is numbers listed on the window of check-in station.
POLICE & FIRE
Delaware County Sheriff's office and Porter Township Fire all have a special security code and have access at all times to the park.
Exit gate stays in exit mode at all times.
- We are a privately owned park so no fishing license required.
- Catch and Release ONLY. No minnows, buckets, or liners allowed.
- No catching of frogs or turtles.
- We sell night crawlers in the camp store along with poles, line, tackle, etc.
- Expect to catch: Catfish, Crappie, Bluegill, & Bass
Meet Your Hosts
I'm excited to combine 20+ years of customer service with my love of RV Travel.TJ started his career with KOA in 2020 at the Dallas/Arlington KOA Holiday after almost 3 years of full time RV Travel. He started in the maintenance department and was quickly promoted to Assistant Manager. From there he headed to the Tucson/Lazydays KOA Resort in October 2021 where he has been the Operations Manager. He brings 20+ years of customer service experience in his previous roles mostly in the restaurant industry. During his free time TJ enjoys spending time with his wife, Meagan, and their 4 young children, Lincoln, Samson, Emmalynn, and Daisy. You will usually find him outdoors hiking, fishing, grilling or just sitting around the campfire!