General Campground Information
CLOSE: NOVEMBER 1ST
CHECK-IN, CHECK-OUT, LATE & EARLY DEPARTURES
- RV & TENTS: 1pm
- CABINS: 3pm
CHECK OUT TIME
- 12 noon for EVERYONE (RV, cabins & tents)
- EARLY CHECK-IN
- No early check-in for cabins.
- Early check in for RV & tents is $10 and may check in as early as 10:00 a.m., based on availability - cannot be pre-arranged.
- No late check-out for cabins.
- Late check-out for RV & tents is $20 and can stay up to 5pm.
Cancellation outside of 2 days of check in date are refunded deposit, minus $10 processing fee per site.
Cancellation outside of 14 days (2 weeks) of check in date are refunded deposit, minus $20 processing fee per cabin.
All cancellation inside the two or fourteen days receives no refund of the deposit paid.
If no cancellation was made and you are a “No Show” on day of check in your site is forfeited – no refund.
Holiday weekends (Memorial, Independence, & Labor) are not eligible for any refund whatsoever.
So there are no misunderstandings as to when cancellation was made, we recommend canceling via email. You will receive a cancellation confirmation via email which will be your “proof” of cancellation.
Unfortunately, even in cases of an emergency, we cannot refund or transfer deposits when a cancellation occurs without proper notice.
- Holidays: 3 night minimum in all accommodations
- No minimum stay on RV & tent sites on non holiday weekdays or weekends.
- One nights deposit is required to reserve your spot. Must be 18 to reserve RV & tent sites, must be 21 to rent cabins.
- Sadly, we cannot refund any part of your unused stay if you choose to shorten it even in cases of emergency, family crisis, illness, inclement weather, etc. We have turned other families away in order to hold the site for your family.
- Sunbury/Columbus KOA is a privately owned campground and we reserve the right to remove any guest or revoke privileges at any time with no refund to maintain the peace and relaxation of our family campers.
- 2 night minimum on weekdays and weekends.
- 3 night minimum on holiday weekends.
- Must be 21 years of age to rent.
- Your price includes the number of people the cabin sleeps.
- Cabins do have cable inside.
- All cabins include linens
- Requires 1 night's rate to reserve.
- Check in is 2PM
- Check out time is 12 NOON.
- Unfortunately there is no early or late check out for the cabins.
2. You may bring in your own firewood. We encourage bringing in kiln dried wood.
4 person electric carts are rented for the same check-in and check-out time as a campsite. They are $55 a day, must be 21 years or older with a VALID drivers license. Agreement form will be filled out and signed at the time of check-in.
BRINGING YOUR OWN: ELECTRIC ONLY
You may bring in your own electric golf cart for $5 per night
You must have a valid drivers license to drive your golf cart in our park and we do monitor.
2. The deposit will be charged at the time of reservation.
3. The deposit is deducted from the amount owed.
- We love four legged friends but please leave aggressive dogs at home!
- If you have a small doubt about your dog's behavior towards strangers or camping, please reconsider bringing them camping.
- Limit 2 dogs. Additional dogs please inquire at time of reservation. Additional charges may apply.
- Cabins are charged for each dog $8 per night
- Must be on a leash or contained at all times (except in our Bark Park).
- No leashes over 6ft.long. When tied up at site, dog may not be able to reach to road.
- Pets must be picked up after-even at your site.
- Dogs that are barking constantly or aggressive may be asked to exit the park. Please don't bring your pet if you think they may ruin someone else's relaxing weekend!
- No dogs tied up outside when you are not there.
- No dogs inside buildings or on playgrounds
2. Personal Checks: Are not accepted at time of check in but will be accepted up to one week prior to check in.
3. Forms of payment: Cash, Visa, Master Card, Discover, American Express
4. ATM Machine located in General Store.
must be covered (koozie, colored cup, thermal mug, etc.).
2. No kegs permitted in the park.
3. Drunk, loud, obnoxious behavior, or fighting is never tolerated and in very rare cases, it would certainly be a reason why a guest would be asked to leave the park with no refund.
4. We are in a dry township and do not sell alcohol.
Memorial Day to Labor Day: 9-9
1. Fireworks, firecrackers or Chinese fire lanterns (the lanterns get caught in our trees!)
2. Guns of any kind (includes BB & paintball) or bows/arrows.
3. ATV's, dirt bikes, “utility” carts or mini motorcycles. You may have battery-operated toys or stand-up
- Quiet hours from 11PM to 8AM.
- Please consider the neighbors around you when playing your music & outdoor TV's loud enough for your own site to hear. Of course both should be off during quiet hours.
- Please respect your neighbors and other campers by using roads and pathways instead of cutting through campsites.
- SECURITY ROUNDS AT 11PM
- We are a privately owned park so no fishing license required.
- Catch and Release ONLY. No minnows, buckets, or liners allowed.
- No catching of frogs or turtles.
- We sell night crawlers in the camp store along with poles, line, tackle, etc.
- Expect to catch: Catfish, Crappie, Bluegill, & Bass
We are a gated park. Gate does not open automatically. All guests must register in check-in station and receive a scanner to open gate. No entry into the park past 11:00 P.M.
If you know you are returning later than 11 p.m. no problem….just make prior arrangements with store clerk.
Security cameras are in use and placed throughout the park.
Campground representatives make “rounds” throughout the day and late evening to monitor sites.
After hours call button located at front door of the General Store and rings directly to management.
Our phones are turned off after office hours. Messages are received the following day office opens.
911 emergency phone located outside of general store.
POLICE & FIRE
Delaware County Sheriff's office and Porter Township Fire all have a special security code and have access at all times to the park.
Exit gate stays in exit mode at all times.
Site rate includes 2 adults & up to 3 children under 21
Extra adults beyond 2 is $8/person per night. Extra children beyond 3 is $6/kid per night.
1 UNIT PER SITE
Our sites are to be used by 1 family and 1 camping unit. We cannot accommodate extended family in additional camping units on a site to ensure neighbors have an enjoyable camping experience.
PICKING YOUR SITE
Specific site choices are not always guaranteed. We try to accommodate every ones needs and requests but can not promise specific sites.
Meet Your Hosts
It's ALL about family!Sunbury/Columbus KOA has been owned and operated by the Hanawalt family since 2000. Each area of the business is headed up with pride by a family member. Our oldest daughter, Haley, is our operations manager for the campground, Macy, our middle daughter, is in charge of food preparations and Chip, our youngest son, helps with deliveries. Our children and now grandchildren have grown up here and we hope yours do too!