Local Area Attractions Near Sioux Falls KOA Journey
Dine & Drink
Dine & Drink:
Safari Bar and Grill - Bar food; just a few miles north of the KOA. Website: https://safaribargrill.com/home/
Aqua Fresh - Sandwiches and Smoothies
Blarney Stone - Irish fare; large restaurant, good for bigger parties.
Bread & Circus Sandwich Kitchen - Sandwich shop with a small collection of craft beers and great patio seating. (Close to the Falls)
Carpenter Bar - Craft cocktails, great patio, and centrally located. (No food but amazing drinks for the 21+ crowd)
CH Patisserie - Macaroons and Desserts. (A must-stop)
The Treasury on Phillips - Craft cocktails and food, in a historic bank building. (Stop in to check out the old vault!)
Sanaa's Gourmet Mediterranean - Something different. So give it a go! (Awesome location near shopping)
Parkers Bistro - An elegant restaurant with a vintage vibe; serving upscale American fare in a historic building.
Crawford's Bar & Grill - Upscale restaurant with great steaks; located across from the Carpenter. Try the Smoked Old Fashioned or the Epiphany for an interesting surprise!
High Ball - Brand new bar with craft cocktails and light eats; located next to the historic railway. (A must-stop for those 21 or over)
Icon Events + DaDa Gastro Pub - Located in a historic warehouse; this place is bound to please with interesting cocktails and fare.
Mackenzie River Pizza - Family-friendly pizza joint (along with other menu items); awesome beer list and full bar.
Minerva's - Offers the community with fresh fish, steaks, and pasta; features a full bar and over 150 excellent wines to choose from.
Harvester Kitchen by Bryan - Innovative American Cooking; a contemporary 80 seat restaurant with a focus on the time-honored belief of warm, welcoming hospitality. Chef-owned and operated.
MB Haskett - The best brunch downtown; has a great lunch, too. (Ask to sit on the back patio)
Josiah's - Great brunch, coffee, and something for everybody!
The Diner - Family-friendly; classic diner; breakfast, lunch, and dinner. (Stop there for a milkshake after looking at sculptures)
Pizza Cheeks - Grab and Go pizza; NYC style. (Inside of the Hello Hi Bar)
Hello Hi Bar - Nostalgic and fun; tropical vibes; stop in for a fun drink. (21 Plus)
Pave - Bar food with a great, late-night crowd. (21 plus)
Sioux Falls Favorites-
Gateway Bar and Grill- Home to all the sports, known for their monster burger, go watch a game and hang out at this hidden gem by the Mall. Family owned and operated. 3408 S Gateway Blvd., Sioux Falls, SD 57106
Beer and Breweries!
Sioux Falls is home to some amazing beer!
- WoodGrain Brewing - 101 S Phillips Ave #100
- Remedy Brewing Company - 401 E 8th St #120 (Serves Food)
- Fernson Downtown - 332 S Phillips Ave (Serves Food)
- Severance Brewing Company - 701 N Phillips Ave Suite 110
- Covert Artisan Ales and Cellars - 434 E 8th St
- Monks Ale House - 420 E 8th St (Not a Brewery; HUGE craft selection and great pizza)
Local Breweries and Surrounding Area
- Lupulin Brewing - 2425 S Shirley Ave Suite 112
- Obscure Brewing Co - 5200 Grant St
- Miner Brewing Company and Prairie Berry Winery - 2101 W 41st St #25
- Buffalo Ridge Brewing - 102 N Main St HARTFORD SD (not in Sioux Falls; 15-minute drive)
- A Homestead Brew - 26685 486th Ave VALLEY SPRINGS SD (not in Sioux Falls; about a 20-minute drive)
Urban Chislic: Serving a South Dakota Tradition (As Seen on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives)
WHAT IS CHISLIC!? Chislic is a South Dakota tradition – specifically a southeast South Dakota tradition. Legend says it was brought to that little corner of our state in the 1800s by German Russian immigrants. Apparently, it was so good, those sneaky farmers kept the recipe to themselves. Ok, maybe we just made that part up. At any rate, chislic is a standard on menus ranging from local dive bars to fancy four-fork establishments across South Dakota. Urban Chislic pays homage to this insanely tasty creation with an entire menu dedicated to blowing your mind.
431 W 85th St
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Sioux Falls and Surrounding Area Golf Courses
- Elmwood Golf Course - 27-Hole, Parkland Style Course. https://www.siouxfallsgolf.com/elmwood-golf-course/
- Kuehn Park Golf Course - 9-Hole, Executive Course (area's only public). https://www.siouxfallsgolf.com/kuehn-park-golf-course/
- Willow Run Golf Course - 8-Hole, Wooded and hilly course (owner's favorite). https://willowrungolfcourse.com/
- Bakker Crossing Golf Course - 18-Hole, Links course; fun, but challenging on windy days. (Very open and little shade, but great course). https://www.bakkercrossing.com/
- Northern Links Golf Course - 9-Hole, Closest golf course to the KOA (4-minute drive, 2 miles). https://www.northernlinksgolfcourse.com/
- Prairie Green Golf Course - 18-Hole, Prairie links-style, wonderful city public course. https://www.siouxfallsgolf.com/prairie-green-golf-course/
*Advanced Tee Times are HIGHLY Encouraged for all courses.