Welcome to North Carolina's Finest Camping Experience on the Neuse River!
You will come to love waking up to the sounds of the burbling waters of the Neuse River, one of America's greats, before heading downtown for a fun-filled day in the second-oldest city in North Carolina. Full of rich history and lively activities, New Bern KOA Holiday is in an area perfectly placed to give you the best combination of relaxation and adventure. Fish off of our dock, explore the New Bern area or sit back and enjoy a beautiful sunset as the day comes to a close. Our campground on the water will provide you with unforgettable experiences and timeless memories. No matter what you are looking for in a camping getaway, New Bern KOA Holiday has what you need to help you create a memorable camping adventure.
Local Attractions Near New Bern KOA Holiday
Choosing a campground near New Bern offers an endless amount of fun. When you stay with us at our New Bern, NC, river campground, you can:
- Take a trolley tour through historic New Bern.
- Visit the former state capitol, Tryon Palace Historic Site & Gardens.
- Drive two hours to visit the Raleigh and Durham area.
- See the birthplace of Pepsi-Cola.
- Visit one of many hiking trails.
- Take a day trip to Atlantic Beach or Emerald Isle.
- View the wild horses at Shackleford Banks.
Your days in North Carolina can be full of adventuring, learning, and relaxing as you travel and visit multiple local attractions throughout your trip. Whether you stay in the area or go to one of the bigger cities, you and your family can relish the time spent together. New Bern KOA makes the perfect base camp for all your ventures. You can come back to your campsite at night to relax and recuperate before heading out the next day for more fun.
Activities We Offer at New Bern KOA Holiday
At New Bern KOA Holiday, we want to help you unwind with different events and activities for the whole family to enjoy. Whether you are looking to kick back and relax or are craving some more exciting escapades, our Neuse River campground offers something for everyone. Kids can use up their energy by playing a game of GaGa Ball or jumping on the jump pad while parents relax along the riverbank. We also offer amenities such as:
- Pedal Boats
- Barrel train rides
- Cornhole, ladder ball and horseshoes
- Gem mining
- Bike Rentals
- Swimming in the pool
- Group outing pavilion
Don't forget your rod and reel! Choose to fish in our catch-and-release fish pond or off our 100-foot pier. We love fishing and cannot wait for you to take advantage of everything our convenient New Bern campground with fishing has to offer. You and your family can engage in friendly competitions and make new friends while enjoying the many activities. At our campground, we also host many weekend events. Throughout the season, celebrate the holidays with us and your fellow campers. Many festivities include delicious food and drinks, crafts, movie nights and more. We also host Bingo Fridays and bring food trucks on-site occasionally.
While you enjoy your stay, you can also take advantage of the many amenities we offer for campers. We want to ensure you have the most comfort possible while camping, so we provide various features to help make your trip the one you desire. Whether you camp in an RV, tent, or lodging option, you can appreciate amenities like:
- A 50-max amp
- 128-foot max length
- Cable TV
- A pavilion
- Kampstore - well-stocked with gifts, souvenirs, sundries, fish bait, drinks & frozen food choices
- Two ponds
- Clean restroom facilities
- A laundromat
Our North Carolina KOA Campground is also pet-friendly. We have a KampK9® enclosed dog park so your pets can run free, get their energy out and play with other dogs. If you ever need to restock camping supplies, food, drinks, or anything else, visit our camp store. The campground provides a fully stocked store on-site for your convenience.
You can also capture all the fun you are having while Neuse River waterfront camping by visiting the selfie station. While you can take pictures anywhere, our designated selfie station near the front pond is an excellent location that shows off the campground's beauty. It also has our New Bern Bear Family, which you can take pictures with.
Ways to Stay
We understand that everyone is looking for a different camping experience. Whether you are planning a road trip and need a place to stay for a night or two or looking for an extended month-long stay, our Neuse River campground is a wonderful location that you will love. Our goal is to make every camping experience unforgettable. To do that, we offer a variety of ways to stay to fit your needs and lifestyle. At New Bern KOA Holiday, we offer:
- RV camping: Our New Bern, North Carolina, RV Park is full of Back-In and Pull-Thru RV Sites next to the water. Many sites have full hookups and gravel pads, and all are pet-friendly. Some also have a KOA Patio® to help elevate your RV camping experience.
- Tent Camping: Camp in the beautiful outdoors near New Bern at our traditional Tent Sites. You and your family can sleep under the stars comfortably at an individual Tent Site with water and electric hookups. Relax in peace near the river in your tent, popup or small camper.
- Lodging: Camp in comfort with our Deluxe and Camping Cabins or camping cabins, perfect for a memorable camping experience. The Deluxe Cabins have everything you need for the ultimate glamping trip—camp easily with a full bath and kitchen. For a more traditional cabin camping experience, stay in a Camping Cabin. They give you a warm place to sleep but have no bath or kitchen.
- Extended Stays: You can also ask us about our extended stays! New Bern KOA is an excellent place to stay when you are working in the area, looking for a house or want a retreat from the city for a month.
Book Your Stay With New Bern KOA Holiday Today
Camping is your time to get away from the pressures of everyday life and enjoy time outdoors. No matter how you want to spend your time away from home, whether it be exploring New Bern or taking part in our many activities, we cannot wait to welcome the entire family to our family campground on the water. Book your stay with New Bern KOA Holiday and start your coastal adventure today!