Please see our COVID-19 update for more information.
**We are happy to welcome our guests back to the Mackinaw City/ Mackinac Island KOA for the 2021 camping season. Campers are welcome and encouraged to engage in outdoor recreational activity such as walking, hiking, running, or cycling on our nature trail or on the Northwest State Trail that leads 1.5 mi. into Mackinaw City. Shepler's ferry is offering free shuttle rides to the dock to and from the campground for ticketed passengers. Lake Michigan beaches are 1.5 mi down Trails End Rd. to the West of the campground. Updates for the State Parks and Mackinac Island can be found here https://www.mackinacisland.org/ We continue to follow health and safety guidelines issued by the CDC to provide for the health and well being of our guests and staff. Please review the following information as it relates to our COVID-19 policies.
- If you are feeling ill or running a temperature, have been diagnosed with COVID19 and within the 14 days from the onset of symptoms or been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 recently, please stay home and request to reschedule your visit.
- If you are concerned about being in public spaces with individuals not of your household we recommend staying in the comfort of your RV or at your own site.
- Contactless service – we utilize a texting app that allows for a curbside check-in, as well as the ability to order ice and firewood, all from the convenience of your vehicle or site. You will receive a welcome text on the day of arrival from the campground, you can utilize that number for contactless service. Should you desire a curbside check-in, please text our office upon your arrival. 231-597-4095
- Our restrooms are open. Cleaning and sanitizing are done on a regular cycle. It is our expectation if you are traveling in a self-contained unit you will utilize your own private facilities to decrease congestion in bathhouses and allow for greater availability for those without restroom amenities.
- All our accommodations are cleaned with EPA approved chemicals for disinfecting and sanitizing.
- Our play area is open and available during posted hours and cleaned following the recommended guidelines for parks and recreational facilities . It is up to individual parents to monitor their children for social distancing. Guests may borrow equipment such as corn hole bags, ladderballs and gagaballs or bring their own. The CDC guidelines state there is low risk of transmission in the touching of surfaces.
- Our pool is open and maintained according to local health department requirements and Healthy swimming guidelines per the CDC. Capacity is limited to 50% per the State of Michigan guidelines. Please continue to socially distance while on the deck or in the pool from those not of your household or camping party.
- Our office is open per posted hours. We utilize plexiglass at all stations that require customer interaction, face mask signs and directional flow signs are posted.
- Laundry room is open and available during office hours.
- Visitors are allowed at the park and must register at the office prior to entrance in the park. You, as our guest, are responsible to make sure your guest is following all park rules and COVID19 guidelines.
Safety of oneself and family members is a personal responsibility. While we endeavor to take precautions and provide facilities that are maintained in such a way as to enhance the health and well-being of our staff and guests, there is still inherent risk of exposure. Therefore, it is incumbent upon each guest to follow the above-mentioned guidelines and in making a reservation at our facility, you relinquish Mackinaw City/ Mackinac Island KOA from any liability due to your in-person, voluntary visit to our campground. Thank you in advance for your reservation and for your voluntary adherence to our policies and guidelines.
** Note: Information provided here is subject to change without notice.
All the best, and Happy Camping!
Doug and Kathleen Gregory [email protected]