Things to Do in Leavenworth, WA
Visit Leavenworth, WA, to get a taste of Old-World Bavaria. This alpine-style village is a charming place to visit when you want to get out of the city. There are many activities to participate in and attractions to visit in Leavenworth.
Summer in Leavenworth, WA
This beautiful mountain village is the perfect place to take your summer vacation. The Cascade Mountains offer ample opportunities for outdoor adventures:
- Go on a hike: There are all kinds of trails for all experience levels. Try one of the more accessible trails like Waterfront Park Trail or Icicle Gorge Trail for a relaxing hike or if you have kids. If you are looking for more of a challenge, try the Icicle Ridge Trail or Colchuck Lake.
- Have fun on the water: Whether you tackle the Icicle River or the Wenatchee River, you are sure to get an exciting white water rafting adventure with few hazards. If you prefer a more laid-back water experience, rent a paddleboard, inner tube or kayak for a gentle float down the Wenatchee.
- Explore Ohme Gardens County Park: Follow the natural stone pathways around the breathtaking gardens to get a refreshing taste of the outdoors at this beautifully crafted park.
Winter in Leavenworth, WA
Wintertime in Leavenworth is not a season you want to miss. Enjoy one of the best Oktoberfest celebrations around. Try classic, mouth-watering foods like bratwurst, pretzels and apple strudel while enjoying German beer and music. There is even a Kinderplatz downtown so kids can join in on the fun.
Christmas in Leavenworth is a must-see, with lights glittering all over town, bakeries selling their delicious seasonal goodies and breathtaking views of the snow-covered mountains. Join in on the Christmas Lighting Festival to get into the Christmas spirit. The whole family can enjoy hours of sledding and skiing around Leavenworth.
Family Attractions in Leavenworth, WA
Leavenworth is a great place to take the whole family. Several attractions are kid-friendly, including:
- Leavenworth Reindeer Farm: The Leavenworth Reindeer Farm is open all year long, providing hands-on learning for your kids whenever you choose to visit. Learn all about reindeer and enjoy petting and feeding one. Join the farm for their Christmas in July celebrations and meet Santa
- Nutcracker Museum: Visit over 7,000 different kinds of nutcrackers at the Nutcracker Museum. There are all kinds of interactive activities kids can participate in to help them appreciate and learn more about nutcrackers.
- Slidewaters: If you are looking for a fun family thing to do in Leavenworth, then Slidewaters waterpark is just the place. With all of the waterslides, lazy rivers, tube rides and kiddie areas, there is something for everyone to enjoy all day long.
Restaurants in Leavenworth, WA
Trying classic German dishes is a must in this Bavarian-style town. A few of the best include:
- Andreas Keller Restaurant: One of the best places for traditional, authentic Bavarian dishes, this restaurant offers more live music than anywhere else in town, creating the perfect atmosphere for your night out.
- München Haus: This restaurant offers a cozy outdoor eatery and beer garden. They are known for some of the best bratwursts in town.
- The Gingerbread Factory: This town favorite is the perfect place to satisfy your sweet tooth. They also provide a wide selection of savory salads, sandwiches and quiches.
Stay at Leavenworth/Pine Village KOA Holiday
With so many places to visit in Leavenworth, WA, you will need somewhere to stay. Leavenworth/Pine Village KOA Holiday provides the perfect home base for all your adventures. Stay in one of our Deluxe Cabins or reserve a Tent Site or RV Site. Begin your Leavenworth adventure by booking your campsite today!