First Aid Must-Haves When Camping
Few things beat camping in nature, especially at Green River — Utah's Waypoint to the Wild. A crucial element of enjoying camping is being prepared, which means having a first aid kit. In this blog, we'll cover the first aid must-haves when camping, ensuring you're equipped to handle any minor mishaps that may occur during your outdoor escapades. From cuts and scrapes to insect bites and more, our comprehensive list of first aid essentials will give you peace of mind, allowing you to focus on creating cherished memories amidst the beauty of nature. So, pack your bags and get ready to camp with confidence, knowing you have the tools to handle the unexpected with ease!
Best Camping First Aid Kit Checklist
When you are on vacation, scrapes, burns, cuts and bumps are bound to happen. You are active and having fun, but if you do not have the essentials with you to help treat an injury, it can put a damper on your trip. This is why it is so important to have a first aid kit while camping.
To ensure you are prepared when life's little mishaps occur, here is a basic wilderness first aid kit checklist, recommended gear and helpful extras.
1. First Aid Kit Essentials
Before going camping, always check and restock your kit essentials:
- Antiseptic creams or wipes
- Blister and burn ointment
- Insect bite cream
- Pain relief medication
- Antibacterial ointment
- Various bandages
- Adhesive wound closure strips
- Medical adhesive bandage
- Gauze pads
- Nonstick sterile pads
2. First Aid Gear and Supplies
Keep a few tools in your first aid kit to help you, such as:
- Safety pins
- Pocket knife
- Cotton swabs
- Oral thermometer
- Medical gloves
- Hand sanitizer
- Waterproof container to keep your items save
- Sling bandage
3. First Aid Extras
These items may not be in basic first aid kits, but they are undoubtedly helpful extras:
- Sun cream
- Aloe vera or sunburn relief gel
- Bug spray
- Throat lozenges
- Eye drops
- Anti-diarrhea medication
- Rehydration sachets
- Vitamin C
- Emergency blanket
- Super glue
- Duct tape
- Epinephrine pen
- Prescription medications (like antibiotics)
- Ankle, knee and wrist braces
A Few Bonus Camping Tips
Sometimes taking a few preventative measures can ensure you have the best getaway possible:
- Sun protection: Wear sunscreen, hats and protective clothing even during overcast days. Getting sunburned can make for an uncomfortable holiday experience.
- Clear tripping hazards: Ensure no debris, obstacles, toys or shoes are lying around the campfire or campsite.
- Marshmallow safety: Do not put scalding hot marshmallows in your mouth, and make a rule about not running with toasting sticks.
- Wear appropriate gear: Wear the right shoes when hiking and biking to avoid blisters. Also, wear protective equipment like gloves when out in the cold.
- Avoid feeding wild animals: Do not feed birds or wildlife. It can encourage human dependency and unwanted behavior.
The Best Place to Stay During Your Next Camping Adventure
If you love camping, then Green River KOA Journey is the place for you to stay. The campground is close to various unique attractions like Arches National Park, Capitol Reef and Canyonlands National Park.
The on-site facilities also make for a great stay:
- KampK9® dog park
RESERVE A CAMPSITE AT THE GREEN RIVER KOA JOURNEY TODAY
Green River KOA Journey is a great base camp for exploring the outdoors! It is also perfect for your hiking trip along Utah's Mighty Five National Parks: Bryce Canyon, Canyonlands, Arches, Capitol Reef and Zion. Additionally, it’s a convenient stopping point along I-70 for travelers from surrounding areas like Denver, Las Vegas and California. After your daily outdoor adventures, you can stay at one of the Pull-Thru or Back-In RV Sites, Camping Cabins or Tent Sites, and make unforgettable memories with your family or friends. You can even book and rent an RV through our partnership with RVshare. You can also inquire about extended stay or group stay options to get the most out of your camping experience. Most of our sites have full hookups and many have a KOA Patio® to ensure you have a comfortable trip. At Green River KOA, you can enjoy these amazing features: basketball, horseshoes or pickleball, as well as a full camp store, dry storage, and more!
If you are looking for campgrounds in Green River, Green River KOA offers convenience and comfort for your stay. Book your site today!