Holiday Happenings for Your Asheville Holiday Getaway
Asheville is a unique, eclectic city with a thriving downtown and rich history. This town flaunts one of the country's most beautiful Christmas light displays. Whether you are visiting for the holidays or looking for a fun getaway with friends, you will find many things to do.
Asheville Holiday Attractions
The city boasts many holiday attractions that make the season sparkle, including:
- Christmas at Biltmore (Nov. 4, 2022 - Jan. 8, 2023): Christmas at Biltmore is a magical time of year. Enjoy beautiful trees decked out in all their finery with glittering lights, one-of-a-kind ornaments and more. You will also see a slew of other seasonal touches throughout the estate. Relish wintertime with candlelight evenings, roaring fireplaces and live music.
- Asheville Holiday Parade (Nov. 19, 2022): The Asheville Holiday Parade is an annual Christmas parade in downtown Asheville, North Carolina. It features a variety of floats and bands, as well as Santa Claus himself!
- Twilight in the Treetops (Nov. 26, 2022 and Dec. 30, 2022): On these two nights, you can participate in an illuminated aerial trail experience that will take you from tree to tree among the sparkling lights. This one-of-a-kind experience is available for ages four and up, so everyone can appreciate the fun.
- Asheville Carriage Rides (Nov.- Dec. 2022): Asheville is one of the most romantic cities in the country, with breathtaking views and a bustling arts community. Enjoy the Christmas lights in Asheville as you ride around town in an elegant horse-drawn carriage.
Musicals and Entertainment
Spend a cozy Asheville, North Carolina, Christmas night at one of these holiday shows:
- The Nutcracker: The Nutcracker is a must-see holiday show that you can watch in Asheville, North Carolina, over and over again. Catch a show at the Wortham Center for Performing Arts on December 3-4, 9-11 and 5-17. Harrah's Cherokee Center will also offer a rendition on Dec. 20.
- Elf The Musical: From December 2-18, Asheville Community Theatre will perform Elf The Musical. This heartwarming musical, based on the film of the same name, brings Christmas cheer to audiences of all ages.
Races and Pub Crawls
Looking for a challenge? Check out these holiday races and pub crawls:
- 6 Annual Ugly Sweater Pub Crawl (Dec. 10): Get your drink on and show off your ugly sweater with your friends and other bar crawlers.
- Sock It to Me Santa 5K (Dec. 10): For this race, participants will get a custom hat or shirt and race bib. Proceeds support high school and middle school band programs in the area.
- South Asheville Turkey Trot 5K (Nov. 24, 2022): The South Asheville Turkey Trot is back! Join this brisk run through the quaint Asheville streets.
Book Your Asheville Stay Today!
Asheville East KOA is an ideal place to stay while you explore beautiful Asheville. Our campground is located in the heart of the Blue Ridge Mountains, within minutes of downtown and the Biltmore Estate. With RV Sites, Deluxe Cabins, Tent Sites and a pet-friendly atmosphere, you can relax and enjoy the holiday spirit your way.
Reserve your Asheville stay today!