General Campground Information
CHECK IN/OUT TIMES
Check In for Accommodations: 3:00 pm
Check Out for All Sites: 11:00 am
Late check out, if available, is $25.00 until 2:00pm.
HOURS OF OPERATION
- FALL/WINTER: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- SPRING/SUMMER: 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Laundry: Open 24/7
Quiet Hours: 10:00 pm – 7:00 am
Pool Hours: Our pool is open May 15 – October 15 and hours are 9:00 am – 9:00 pm. The pool is not heated and may be colder than usual at various times throughout the year, test the water before you hop in! Our hot tub is open year round and is available for guest use 24/7.
- If your site does not have a fire ring, do not take one from another site and put it on yours.
- Fire rings can be requested at the registration office, some fee's may apply.
- If your site does have a fire ring, do not move it or touch it as it may be hot.
- Only firewood may be burned. Do not burn pallets, lumber, plastics, cans, glass, leaves, trash or waste.
For a complete list of fire safety rules, please click here.
Mini Golf, Corn Hole, & Ladder Toss: Can be requested at the registration office at no additional charge.
Sunday - Thursday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Friday & Saturday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
$10 Cancellation Fee applies if cancelled prior to 48 hours of arrival for non-holiday reservations or 7 days before holiday reservations.
$10 Cancellation Fee applies if cancelled within 7 days prior to arrival for all reservations.
INTERNATIONAL BALLOON FIESTA:
Takes place October each year: 3 DAY MINIMUM stay required. The full amount of stay is due at time of reservation.
Cancellations before September 15, of the given year will be charged a $150.00 cancellation fee. Cancellations made on September 15, and after will forfeit entire deposit. Reserved sites held for 24 hours starting at 1:00 pm on scheduled arrival day. If not occupied within 24 hours, site will be released. Refunds will not be issued for early departures. If you need to shorten the number of days for your reservation, there will be a $25.00 cancellation fee for each day.
GOLF CART POLICY
Cabin Policy: We have a limited number of pet-friendly Deluxe Cabins and Camping Cabins, for which we charge an additional pet cleaning fee of $25 per pet for Deluxe Cabin stays and $10 for Camping Cabin stays.
NUMBER OF GUESTS PER RESERVATION
If you are staying here:
- At check-in, you will be asked to verify the number of guests staying at your site.
- A limit of 6 or 8 people per site (depending on site type) will be enforced. That total number includes both the number of people on your reservation and any day visitors. If you have the maximum number of people on your reservation, day visitors are not allowed.
- RV and Tent sites are limited to 6 people per site.
- Camping Cabins, Deluxe Cabins, and other Lodging are limited to 6 people with exception of the Deluxe Cabins which sleep 8, these are limited to 8 people.
- If the number of overnight guests on your reservation allows for day visitors, those day visitors must check in at the front desk upon arrival and retrieve a visitors parking pass. Your visitors are welcome for $10 per additional adult & children ages 6 and under are free (limit 4 per site). Visiting guests are permitted until Quiet Hours (8am - 10pm) and must adhere to campground rules. Should day visitors turn into overnight guests, they must register at the front desk. Kindly understand that this allows visitors use of our amenities while helping us cover the costs of additional facility use, abide by local occupancy laws, provide security for our camping families, know who is on the property in an emergency, and manage parking for the extra vehicles.
For the safety and enjoyment of all guests, strict limits are enforced on the number of people who may be at the campground per each reservation.
AFTER HOURS/EMERGENCY NUMBER
We do have a night host on duty to let guests in, who may be escorting or assisting another guest when you arrive. If the gate does not open immediately, please follow the instructions on the call box located just left of the entrance.
Gate closing hours: 5:00 pm - 7:00 am
For urgent after hours matters, please call our night host at 505-296-2729.
In an emergency, dial 9-1-1.
Meet Your Hosts
Welcome weary travelers! Take a seat by the campfire and enjoy the scenic views of the Sandia Mountains before you continue on your adventure.Rocco Giudice, general manager of Albuquerqe KOA Journey, started with KOA in July of 2021 in Nashville. He has since worked in Tucson, Albuquerque, Fort Collins, and Rock Springs. Prior to KOA, Rocco worked in the hotel industry. He began at the front desk and worked his way up to a managerial position. He has worked at some of the most iconic hotels in New York City, such as The Plaza Hotel, The Surrey, and The Manhattan Club. Rocco graduated with an Associates Degree in Fine Arts and hopes to incorporate an artistic view into his future endeavors at KOA, especially landscaping! Rocco also loves exploring, especially with his two pups – Willow and Jaxon.