White Chili with Cheese
- 3 cans Great Northern beans
- 4 c cooked chicken breasts (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium onions (chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 cans mild green chilies
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp dried oregano (crumbled)
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 c chicken stock or canned broth
- 3 c Monterrey Jack cheese (grated)
- sour cream
PreparationCut chicken breasts into cubes. Heat oil in same pot over medium-high heat. Add onions and sauté until translucent. Stir in garlic, chilies, cumin, oregano and cayenne. Sauté for about 2 minutes. Add undrained beans and stock, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, add chicken and cheese to chili. Stir until cheese melts. Season to taste. Garnish with sour cream.
A great camping breakfast recipe from the experts at KOA.