Vegetarian Camping Chili
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 zucchini, sliced and quartered
- 1 yellow summer squash, sliced and quartered
- 8 oz. button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes
- 1 can Chili Magic seasoned chili beans
- 1 pouch Boca soy crumble
- black pepper to taste
- 1 c shredded cheddar cheese
Over a campfire grill grate or on a cookstove, heat olive oil in a small skillet. Add zucchini, squash, and mushrooms. Season with garlic powder, thyme, and black pepper. Saute until vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, in a medium kettle, heat the tomatoes, chili beans, and soy crumble until bubbling. Add the cooked vegetables and simmer gently for about ten minutes. Season with additional black pepper, if desired. Top with cheese and enjoy!
A great camping breakfast recipe from the experts at KOA.