Trisha's Tasty Taco Salad
- 3-4 pound(s) ground beef or turkey
- 1 iceburg lettuce
- 1 large bottle of Catalina Salad Dressing
- 1 medium or large bag of tortilla chips
- 1 bag of shredded taco cheese
- 1 bag of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 packets of taco seasoning (mild or spicy)
- crushed red pepper (to taste)
- 1 jar of salsa
- 1 sour cream
- sliced black olives
Cook ground hamburger or turkey thoroughly on stove top or open campfire. Drain excess oil. Add taco seasoning and crushed red pepper (to taste), then set in fridge or cooler in a large bowl to chill while slicing lettuce. Slice lettuce into thin slivers. Crush tortilla chips while remaining in bag. Add lettuce, shredded cheeses, tortilla chips and Catalina Dressing to meat and seasoning mixture. Mix well to coat evenly. Serve with dollop of sour cream, salsa and sliced black olives as a garnish.
A great camping breakfast recipe from the experts at KOA.