Spanish-Style Pork Chops
- 4 pork chops, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Tbsp margarine or butter
- 1/2 c water
- 1/2 small green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 16 oz. can tomatoes, cut up
- 1 4.5 oz package regular Spanish-style rice mix
- 1/4 c water
Trim excess fat from chops. Melt margarine in a 10-inch skillet. Brown chops in margarine for 5 minutes. Add the 1/2 cup water. Cover; simmer for 20 minutes. Add green pepper, onion, undrained tomatoes, uncooked rice mix and the 1/4 cup water. Spoon liquid over rice. Cover; simmer for 20 minutes more or until chops are done and rice is tender. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
A great camping breakfast recipe from the experts at KOA.