Quick and Easy Spaghetti Dinner
This is an easy dish that I can make for my camping crew. Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 pound(s) lean ground beef
- 1/4 c onion, chopped
- pinch ground hot pepper
- 1 tsp dried leaf basil, crumbled
- 1/2 tsp dried leaf oregano, crumbled
- 2 1/2 c water
- 1 1/2 c Marinara sauce or your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 12 ounces spaghetti, broken in half
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 c grated Parmesan cheese
In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine the ground beef, onion, cayenne pepper, basil, and oregano. Cook, stirring to break up meat, until browned, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease. Add 2 1/2 cups water, the spaghetti sauce, and spaghetti; bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Cover, reduce heat to low, and cook, stirring frequently, until the spaghetti is just tender and most of the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Turn off the heat and let pan stand, covered, 5 minutes. Season with pepper to taste and serve sprinkled with the cheese.
A great camping breakfast recipe from the experts at KOA.