Old Favorite 7 Layer Salad
This has been a hit at pot lucks, bbq's and summer camping as a light side dish or lunch.
- head of lettuce, torn into small pieces
- 1 10 oz. package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 medium chopped green pepper
- 4 -5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 c small cauliflower florets
- 2 stalks finely chopped celery
- 3/4 c plus 2 tsp. mayonnaise
- 1 Tbsp white sugar
- 1 1/2 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
Place bacon in a large, deep skillet if using uncooked. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain and set aside. In a 9x13 inch pan layer the lettuce followed by the peas, green pepper, crumbled bacon, cauliflower and celery. In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise and the sugar. Spread mixture over salad. Sprinkle cheese over top. Cover and chill in the fridge or cooler for at least 8 to 12 hours before serving.
A great camping breakfast recipe from the experts at KOA.