Cook-Out Egg Salad Rolls
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 8 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 c chopped fresh spinach
- 1 c shredded mozzarella, cheddar and/or Swiss cheese
- 1/2 c chopped green onions with tops
- 1/2 c chopped green pepper
- 1 4 oz. can mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 uncut French rolls
In medium bowl, blend together mayonnaise and seasonings. Gently stir in remaining ingredients except rolls.
Slice off tops of rolls about 1/2 inch from top. Scoop out bottoms of rolls, leaving about a 1/2-inch shell. Fill each shell with about 1 cup of egg salad mixture. Replace tops. Wrap each roll in foil. Refrigerate or store in cooler with ice or coolant until ready to cook.
Cook over hot coals until hot and cheese is melted, about 20 minutes.
A great camping breakfast recipe from the experts at KOA.