A great camping salad from the experts at KOA
- 1/2 large head of cabbage, shredded
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 c slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 c sunflower seeds
- 1 package of Chicken flavored Ramen noodles, uncooked
Combine the shredded cabbage, onions, green pepper, almonds and sunflower seeds in a large bowl. Break the ramen noodles up into smaller pieces and set aside. Save the flavor packet for the salad dressing.
In a separate small bowl combine:
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon of accent
- 3 Tablespoons vinegar
- 1 flavor packet from the Chicken Ramen noodle mix
Blend all ingredients for the dressing (it's best if you let the dressing sit overnight before adding it to the rest of the salad). Right before servicing add the uncooked Ramen noodles and pour dressing over the salad mixture. Then toss and serve.
A great camping breakfast recipe from the experts at KOA.