Local Area Attractions Near Watkins Glen / Corning KOA
The Watkins Glen/Corning KOA Resort would like to warmly welcome you to our home nestled in the greater Finger Lakes region. There are adventures and tranquility for all in the Finger Lakes.
- Take in the amazing natural beauty of the glacial lakes, rolling hills that rise from the lake shores, and an abundance of tributary waterfalls (scenic drive, hiking "250 trails within a 5 to 20 min drive", fish the lake trout capital of the USA)
- Fine wine and culinary delights abound (every pallet can be satisfied and expanded in the Finger Lakes, dinner lake cruises with Captain Bill's)
- Live entertainment at most local dining and libation establishments throughout the summer
- Enjoy a day at one of the Finger Lakes historical museums or the Corning Museum of Glass (make your own hot glass)
- Unique shops, farm & craft markets
Watkins Glen Gorge at the Watkins Glen State Park
This is often referred to as the eighth wonder of the world. It boasts 19 waterfalls and glacial carved rocks. Enjoy a beautiful hike where history, legend, nature, and beauty blend to offer an exceptional moving experience. Click here to go to the Watkins Glen State Park website .
Captain Bill's Sightseeing & Dinner Cruises
Experience 100 years of history aboard the Seneca Legacy (with a meal as extraordinary as the view) or on the Stroller IV, an hourly sightseeing option. It is located on Seneca Lake in Watkins Glen. Click here to go to Captain Bill's website .
Corning Museum of Glass in Corning, NY
This attraction is a wonderful experience for the entire family. See a demonstration of glassmaking at the Hot Glass Show. Visit interactive displays at the Glass Innovation Center. Learn about the history of glass at the Art and History Galleries. For more information, visit the Corning Museum of Glass website .
Seneca Lake Wine Trail
The 35+ wineries along the shores of Seneca Lake offer individual and unique expressions from one of America's finest wine districts. Each winery's personality will make your visit truly a tasteful experience. Check schedule for special weekend events; Spring Wine and Cheese Weekends, Pasta & Wine Weekends, and the Finger Lakes Wine Festival. Visit the Seneca Lake Wine Trail website for more information.
Rockwell Museum in Corning, NY
Rockwell Museum houses the largest display of American Western art and artifacts in the East. It has the world's most comprehensive collection of Carder Steuben Glass. For more information, visit the Rockwell Museum website .