Local Area Attractions Near Watkins Glen / Corning KOA
The Watkins Glen/Corning KOA Resort would like to warmly welcome you to our home nestled in the greater Finger Lakes region. There are adventures and tranquility for all in the Finger Lakes.
- Take in the amazing natural beauty of the glacial lakes, rolling hills that rise from the lake shores, and an abundance of tributary waterfalls (scenic drive, hiking "250 trails within a 5 to 20 min drive", fish the lake trout capital of the USA)
- Fine wine and culinary delights abound (every pallet can be satisfied and expanded in the Finger Lakes, dinner lake cruises with Captain Bill's)
- Live entertainment at most local dining and libation establishments throughout the summer
- Enjoy a day at one of the Finger Lakes historical museums or the Corning Museum of Glass (make your own hot glass)
- Unique shops, farm & craft markets
Captain Bill's Sightseeing & Dinner Cruises
Experience 100 years of history aboard the Seneca Legacy (with a meal as extraordinary as the view) or on the Stroller IV, an hourly sightseeing option. It is located on Seneca Lake in Watkins Glen. Click here to go to Captain Bill's website .
Corning Museum of Glass in Corning, NY
This attraction is a wonderful experience for the entire family. See a demonstration of glassmaking at the Hot Glass Show. Visit interactive displays at the Glass Innovation Center. Learn about the history of glass at the Art and History Galleries. For more information, visit the Corning Museum of Glass website .
With many lakes, rivers, and streams around the Finger Lakes region, there are endless fishing hotspots nearby. Bring your tackle box & poles, and get ready to reel in some big fish!
Several golf courses are located within ten miles, and are open to the public:
Sempler's CaddyShack - Beaver Dams, NY
Rascals Golf Course - Montour Falls, NY
Watkins Glen Golf Course - Watkins Glen, NY
Corning Golf Course - Corning, NY
Look up these golf courses above for more information.