Santa Cruz/Monterey Bay KOA’s social distancing practices and procedures. Last Updated: 8/16/2020
Attention Campers: Please prepare to adhere to the non-negotiable state mask orders. All campers over the age of 2 must wear a mask when in indoor public areas or when outside and 6' social distancing cannot be maintained.
- The number of guests allowed in the store at one time will be restricted to 8. Children must be accompanied by an adult. A face covering is required.
- If you need firewood, ice, or other store items, we encourage you to use our remote grocery list to order some of the most basic items (found on our website under the ‘Food' tab). The order will be delivered to your site for FREE with any $25 order.
- Check in will be conducted remotely. One day prior to your arrival you will receive a text message guiding you through the process.
- All recreation areas are temporarily closed (includes hot tub, Sand Shack, bouncing pillows, and playgrounds). The pool is open but social distancing must be followed on the deck and in the water. There is a 50 person occupancy limit for the pool area. If we reach this occupancy level, no additional guests will be allowed in the area until the occupancy decreases to below 50 persons. On weekends/Holidays, the pool is available in 1 hours increments to ensure all guests have an opportunity to utilize the pool. Guests must sign up for a 1 hour time slot on these days. Sign up will be at the pool gate entrance.
- Check our Facebook page for our Themed Weekend activity schedule.
- Bike rentals are open and are sanitized between uses.
- Dog parks are open.
- Only registered guests are allowed on the campground.
- Enjoy your time at your campsite: build a fire, create new recipes over the campfire (ask us for ideas!), and bring your favorite board games.
- Visitors are not permitted at this time.
- Please keep group sizes to fewer than 8 people.
- The number of people in guest laundry is restricted to 5. A face covering is required.
- Guests should be prepared to be as self-contained and self-sufficient as possible. If your unit is equipped with toilets and showers/bathing use your own facilities rather than public ones. Bring plastic table cloths for picnic tables, disinfectant supplies, etc.
- Set up campsite to maximize distance from adjacent sites.
- Continue to take precautions to protect yourself and others by washing your hands frequently, covering coughs and sneezes with your arm or tissue, wear a face covering, and stay home if you are not feeling well or have been subjected to someone with the virus.
- Open public areas (bathhouses, store, and guest laundry) are cleaned 2x each day with high touch areas being sanitized throughout the day.
- Store counters are sanitized after each guest.
- Pool & seating in front of the store will be sanitized throughout the day.