Local Area Attractions Near Orlando Southwest KOA Holiday
Our campground is a great basecamp while you discover all Orlando has to offer, we are centrally located to attractions like Disney World, Universal Studios, and a short 1-2 hour drive to some of the best beaches in the country. You will not be bored on this vacation!
Magic Kingdom® Park is a place where Disney fantasies and characters are wondrously brought to life, creating memories that last forever. Explore six lands of never-ending enchantment, one-of-a-kind attractions and endless magic here at the place where storybook fantasy becomes everyday reality.Experience Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, and race through the diamond mine on a swaying family coaster ride. Launch through the darkest reaches of space on Space Mountain® or float through a lively bayou of singing critters toward a 5-story splashdown on Splash Mountain, and swoop through a haunted gold-mining town on a runaway train while aboard Big Thunder Mountain Railroad®.
1180 Seven Seas Lagoon
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Worlds of endless possibilities ignite the imagination at Epcot— here, everyone can find fun and adventure around the world, beneath the sea and far into the galaxy. Located in the Walt Disney World Resort, enjoy a day of discovering foods around the world, take a ride on the test track or plan your trip to attend one of their famous festivals.
- Epcot International Festival of the Arts Guide (January to February)
- Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival Guide (February to May)
- Epcot International Food & Wine Festival Guide (August to November)
- Epcot International Festival of the Holidays Guide (November to December)
200 Epcot Center Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Disney's Hollywood Studios
At Disney's Hollywood Studios, your favorite stories unfold all around you. Together, you and your family join the action in exhilarating new episodes that engage every one of your senses. At Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge, you'll experience the smells and tastes of a cantina set in a galaxy far, far away. Or feel the rush of taking over control of the Millennium Falcon. And in Mickey & Minnie's Runaway Railway, burst into a crazy colorful cartoon world and join Mickey and Minnie on a runaway adventure. And become the size of a toy with Buzz and Woody and take a ride on Slinky Dog as he careens through Andy's backyard in Toy Story Land.
351 South Studio Drive
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Encounter wild animals, exotic jungle trails, high speed thrills and Pandora - The World of Avatar! Also, delight in Broadway-style musicals meet and greet beloved Disney Characters. Relish mouthwatering meals and delicious desserts inspired by American, Asian, and African favorites..
2901 Osceola Pkwy
Orlando, FL 32830
Local Area Recreation Near Orlando Southwest KOA Holiday
If you are looking for some sand and surf for a day, all the beaches listed below are only a 1-2 hour drive away.Cocoa Beach
One of the beaches that Orlandoians consider “ours,” Cocoa Beach sits just east of Orlando, a straight shot down the State Road 528 toll road. It's incredibly easy to reach—you just get on the expressway and continue until you pass the cruise ship port and hit the beach. It's home to a huge Ron Jon Surf Shop and a handful of popular beachfront bars.New Smyrna Beach
Quieter and more residential than the Cocoa Beach waterfront, New Smyrna Beach is further north on the east coast, but it's also an easy drive from Orlando. Make sure to check out historic Flagler Avenue, which leads from the Indian River to the beach; it's lined with plenty of eateries and shopsClearwater Beach
If it's the Gulf coast you're craving, venture southwest to Clearwater Beach, where the sand is powdery white and the sunsets are dazzling. See Winter the dolphin, of Dolphin Tale fame, at the Clearwater Marine Aquarium, or enjoy the nightly Sunset at Pier 60 festival with music, food and fun.Daytona Beach
Just as famous for its NASCAR speedway as its seashore, Daytona Beach nonetheless offers a great Atlantic oceanside environment. It's easily accessible from Orlando via I-4, and it features plenty of hotels, restaurants and bars. You can even drive your car right onto the beach in some areasCanaveral National Seashore
This public park features a gorgeous beach as well as opportunities to fish or take nature hikes. You'll see tons of wildlife here, including 14 species of threatened or endangered animals. Keep your eyes open for bald eagles, wood storks, falcons and manatees, as well as thousands of sea turtle nests.
- Champions Gate Golf Club - With 36 total holes to play, ChampionsGate Golf Club has two golf courses that are sure to keep you busy. On the National Course, you'll explore 200 acres of majestic landscape and sweeping fairways. However, keep an eye out for sand and water hazards because Greg Norman – who designed the course himself – wanted to keep things interesting. If you're brave enough for the International Course, you'll be set for an 18-hole, par 72 ride. Be aware of the fast greens, as this course is extremely thrilling! After a day out on the wild greens, take it easy at the resort's lazy river or full-service spa.
- Celebration Golf Club - For more than 20 years, Celebration Golf Club enjoyed by families ever since father/son duo Robert Trent Sr. and Robert Trent Jr designed it. They believe every hole should be “a hard par and an easy bogey” to make for a challenging, yet enjoyable game.
- Reunion Resort Golf Course - Reunion Resort Golf Course is the only place in the world where you'll find signature designed courses by three talented golf legends. You may know them as Jack Nicklaus, Arnold Palmer, and Tom Watson. Each course has its own unique twists and tricks that can be enjoyed by golfers of any skill level.
- Falcon's Fire Golf Club - This Rees Jones masterpiece is a remarkable course for all players at Falcon's Fire Golf Club. You'll find that one size doesn't fit all here and every aspect of your day at Falcon's Fire will be tailored to your personal experience.
Central Florida's unlimited natural beauty is yours to discover. Explore ancient islands that provide refuge for rare plants and animals found nowhere else in the world. Our beautiful city, county and state parks in Central Florida offer you a wide range of distinctive opportunities to soak up some sun and enjoy the great outdoors.
Orlando Premium Outlets
If you are in the mood for shopping, the Orlando Premium Outlet is where you want to go. This outdoor shopping mall has all the stores, clothes, shoes, etc., that you will need to take home with you from your trip to Orlando/Kissimmee. The Orlando Premium Outlet is also located near Disney, Seaworld, and Universal Studios. So when you finish shopping, go spend the day at one of the parks!
4951 International Drive
Orlando, FL 32819
Go and visit Old Town. This local theme park has ride for all ages, restaurants, shopping and more! And if you are staying wtih us during the weekend, make sure to go see the Old Town Car Cruise on Saturday nights! See cars of the past take a slow cruise down their main street. Your family is sure to have fun!
Open year round. admission is charged. Old Town is wheelchair accessible. Located in Kissimmee, 11 miles away from the campground.
5770 W. Irlo Bronson Hwy
Kissimmee, FL 34746