Family Vacationing in Fernandina Beach and Amelia Island
Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach both have a lot to offer families with kids of all ages. They are filled with beautiful sights, thrilling activities and delicious eateries.
Here is why you should plan your next vacation in Fernandina Beach and Amelia Island.
Family-Friendly Activities in Fernandina Beach
Wondering what to do near Amelia Island? Check out the following activities the whole family will love:
- Spend a day at the beach: Amelia Island has 13 miles of sandy beaches, offering a fantastic day of relaxation while your children run free. Lounge in your chair, build a sand castle, hunt for crabs or learn to surf.
- Visit Egans Creek Greenway: Stroll through 300 acres of untouched coastal habitats as you and your family spot turtles, various birds, and maybe even alligators. Make sure you stop at the Pirate Playground and let your kids' imaginations run wild.
- Challenge your family to a round of mini golf: Amelia Island is full of mini golf courses, including Gregor MacGregor's Mini Links and Drinks, Heron's Cove Adventure Golf and Island Falls Mini Golf. No matter which course you choose, you are in for an afternoon of laughter and healthy competition.
- Take a trip to Fort Clinch: Fernandina Beach is home to this 19th-century fort, with more than 1,000 acres your family can explore. You can also hunt for shark teeth on the beach, hike, fish, watch birds or enjoy a picnic.
Best Places to Eat on Amelia Island
Some of our favorite places to eat on the island include:
- Salty Pelican: A local hot spot with a sizable menu offering something delicious for children of all ages. Plus, it is located right along the train tracks for additional entertainment.
- Fantastic Fudge: Located in the heart of downtown Fernandina Beach, Fantastic Fudge is the spot to satisfy your and your children's sweet tooth with hand-dipped chocolates and delectable ice cream.
- The Sandbar & Kitchen: The Sandbar specializes in a broad range of American food, ready to provide you with a fantastic lunch or dinner experience right on the beach.
- Sliders Seaside Grill: Spend time enjoying a delicious meal with your toes in the sand at the only oceanfront tiki bar in the area. Chow down on your pick of seafood, burgers and more while your children run free in the nearby playground and sandbox.
Book Your Stay at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA Holiday
Amelia Island and Fernandina Beach are about a 30-minute drive from Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA Holiday. Our campground is filled with convenient amenities and unique features to keep you and your family comfortable after a fun day of exploring the island.
If you are ready to start planning your next family getaway, reserve your campsite at Jacksonville North / St. Marys KOA today!