Winter Activities and Events Near Fort Collins
As winter approaches, you may have difficulty keeping yourself and your children busy. Luckily, Fort Collins, Colorado, offers plenty of activities to enjoy throughout the year. Whether you want to experience local flavor at the farmers market and breweries or a fun thrill like snowboarding and sledding, there are winter activities and attractions in Fort Collins for everyone to enjoy.
If you're looking for a fun way to stay active during the colder months, try out a fun sport on the ice! Both children and adults can partake in these winter activities in Fort Collins, Colorado:
- Skating: Fort Collins offers plenty of opportunities for ice skating, such as the Old Town Skate Rink and Edora Pool Ice Center (EPIC).
- Fishing: Try your hand at ice fishing at Sheldon Lake in City Park.
- Sledding: Bring your sled to EPIC for a fun thrill on a snowy day.
- Skiing: Both beginners and experts will enjoy cross-country skiing trails across the city.
- Snowboarding: With Echo Mountain, Loveland Ski Area and Eldora mountain just two to three hours away, there are plenty of opportunities to hit the slopes during your Fort Collins vacation.
- Snowshoeing: Explore some of the best hiking trails on your snowshoes for a unique way to enjoy areas such as the Poudre River.
After a busy day outside, warm up at one of the more than 20 craft breweries around the city. Many breweries are open for tours and tastings for a unique culinary experience.
Fort Collins Winter Events
Visitors looking for a more laid-back vacation experience will find plenty of activities and events to explore around Fort Collins, Colorado. Some of the top event offerings include:
Fort Collins Holiday Gift Festival
The Fort Collins Holiday Gift Festival is one of the biggest holiday events in Fort Collins. This free event features an enormous array of art, handmade crafts, delicious food, decorations and unique holiday-themed gifts.
Last Chance Gift Fest
Find the perfect gift for everyone on your list at the Last Chance Gift Festival, where you can shop a wide selection of art, toys, décor, food and crafts from over 150 of the finest vendors in Colorado.
Downtown Holiday Lights
Take a walk through Old Town and take in the beauty of thousands of twinkling lights. As you enjoy the lights, get your holiday shopping done at the many boutiques or visit a local pub or brewery for a quick drink to warm you up.
Winter Farmers Market
From November to April, the local farmers market moves inside and features more than 40 vendors. With options such as locally made décor, jewelry and food, you'll find all kinds of fun treats.
Campground Winter-Themed Events
Find wintery things to do as a family when staying at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA. Campers can participate in Winter Wonderland I or II to see beautiful lights, drink hot cocoa and enjoy some holiday-themed fun.
Stay Your Way at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA
Whether you need a place to rest between trips to the mountain or exploring downtown or just prefer more nature in your winter vacations, Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA is your place to stay. With the option to set up at an RV Site, Camping Cabin or Tent Site, there is lodging for every type of camper. Book your stay at Fort Collins / Lakeside KOA today!