General Campground Information
Camp Store Boutique
We are open at 9 am every morning and close at 8 pm most nights, see store hours posted at the bath houses and at the store.
Come grab a cup off coffee as you head out for your adventures for the day,
We have ice cream to enjoy for a corn hole game on our patio
Tents and RV sites
Kiddie Pools and Hot Tubs
Skate Boards, Bikes and Scooters and Hover boards
These are allowed during daytime hours but not after dark. We ask bike riders to go slow and watch for people who are walking, and please don't ride bikes around the pond or through campsites.
Check-in and Check-out times
Check Out - 12pm for RV and Lodging. There is a $5.00 charge for a late check-out.
- The Official American Flag
- The Official State Flag of your choice
- The Official Armed Services Flags
- Official First Responder Flags
- Holiday Themed Flag (Easter, 4th July, Halloween, etc)
- The KOA Flag
Trees in the park are not to be used for hanging of the flags, see management for clarification.
No street clothes in swimming pool; only swimwear.
No Life Guard On-Duty
Younger than 18 MUST be accompanied by an Adult
Parents & Kids
Firewood / Campfires Policy
- Campfires are allowed in fire rings only. Please do not move fire rings to other areas.
- You are welcome to bring your own firewood, please do not leave any behind.
- We have fire wood for sale, stop by or call the store - we deliver to your site
DO NOT CUT down any trees in the campground or on the Blue Ridge Parkway Property
If you come in for late arrival or have to leave early, please be considerate of fellow campers.
Golf Carts, Mopeds, Motor Bike, ATV's
If you or your guest need a ride around the campground for shopping, laundry, etc. just let us know - we will pick you up (Fancy Uber)
- Your pets cannot pick up after themselves, please don't embarrass them by leaving their business for someone to discover.
- Virginia Law requires that the pet be on a leash.
- All shapes sizes and breeds are welcome, but you have to be a responsible owner and have complete control of your pet(s).
- Pets are not to be left outside with out owners presence.
- If your dog has a barking problem while you are away, we will inform you of the concern.
- We have a dog park for the fury family members can stretch their legs.
- We have 3 specific sites that have there own private dog park. (Sites 41,43,45)
- We also have 39" tall and 24" tall portable fencing that we can deliver to your site for you to set up the way you want. Supper Easy!!!! Stop by the store for details.
The campground has frequent visits by Bears, Raccoons, Possums, Foxes and others that are looking for a good meal. Please, Don't leave your trash out overnight.
Parking in Campground
If you have guest coming to spend some time with you, please get with staff for parking arangments.
Auxilery parking is between site 7 and the dumpster behind the camp store
- We are big rig capable, if you have a 40ft plus rig (Fifth Wheel, Motor Home, etc.) let us know so we can get you into the correct site to meet your needs. Wide turns, slow a steady with an escort will ensure you get where you need to be.
- If you are coming in after hours, please let us know ahead of time so we can meet you to guide you to your campsite.
- Big campsites are limited so the early reservations make it easier on all parties.
- There are a few cases where a Motor Home Towing might have to disconnect in order to get you to the site.(full size vehicles towed or big trailers)
- Motor Home Towing a enclosed trailer - please call
- Horse Trailers types (very low to ground) are limited to certain campsites and need to exit the park a different way. Contact us for more information.
Meet Your Hosts
We love creating wonderful memories with all our Happy Campers who recommend Fancy Gap KOA to others!Fancy Gap/Blue Ridge Parkway Journey
From corporate to campfire, we are Dave and Angie Bower, owners of the Fancy Gap/Blue Ridge Parkway KOA in Virginia. The decision to get into the campground business was made around a campfire with one simple question, "How hard can it be to own a campground?" We researched for two years and here we are, loving every moment.
When the campground is closed, Dave and Angie visit family in central Virginia and travel with their 2 dogs.