Local Area Recreation Near Buffalo KOA Journey
CRAZY WOMAN CANYON. One of the favorite tours of Johnson County locals and visitors alike. This tour takes its travelers along a single lane dirt road, past stunning canyon walls & the rushing crazy woman creek. Continue your travel up the mountain and enjoy the day fishing, hiking, horseback riding, 4-wheeling or just sight seeing. The wildflowers are abundant in June & there is always a chance you'll see elk, moose, deer, or even a black bear. You will see a gorgeous panoramic view of the snow capped mountains, just 15 minutes outside of town.
Washington Memorial Park Swimming Pool
Washington Memorial Park Swimming PoolWashington Park offers a wide variety of fitness and recreational activities for people of all ages in our community. The largest outdoor swimming pool in this region, it is 120 x 80 meters. And it's FREE! Located in the City Park off Burritt & Angus, the whole area is surrounded by trees, walking paths, picnic tables and beautiful Clear Creek. It's just one block off of Buffalo's Historic Main Street District!There is even a waterpark for the kids. Life guards on duty at all times, and snack shack is on the premises. Open from mid-morning to sunset June, July and August.
101 Klondike Dr
Buffalo, WY 82834
Meadowlark Ski Lodge
Meadowlark Ski Lodge offers a wide variety of services for your winter recreation enjoyment in the Big Horn Mountains of Wyoming.
Meadowlark Ski Hill is available to rent for private functions, weddings, family reunions, anniversaries or business functions all year long.
- "NEW" skis and snowboards are available to rent: $25.00 for all day.
- SKI RUNS & SKI LIFTS
- 2 lifts, 14 runs
- Runs are 1/3 green beginner, 1/3 blue intermediate and 1/3 black for advanced
- 300 acres of ski area
- Elevation of lodge is 8,500 feet and top of lifts 9,500 feet
- We have the capability to make snow if needed!SKI LODGE RESORT SERVICES
- Lodge offers a great restaurant with all home-made food! Warm up with a hot bowl of chili or soup, or enjoy our various menu items, hot chocolate, cookies, brownies and lots more!
- Lounge with full service bar available with many brands of beer and liquor. Try our Bloody Marys!
- Large cozy fireplace to warm up with after a day of skiing
- Ski and snowboard rentals
- Gift Shop/Pro Shop on site
- Weddings, meetings, reunions - The lodge is a great place to gather with a view of the 320-acre Meadowlark Lake
426 Forest Service Road U.S. Highway 16 East
Ten Sleep, WY 82442