As part of Vermont's phased reopening plan, there is new travel guidance, effective April 9, 2021. CDC recommends delaying travel until you are fully vaccinated, because travel increases your chance of getting and spreading COVID-19. Masks are required in public spaces in Vermont.
Overnight stays in lodging, camping and short-term rental properties are allowed as described below.
When you arrive at the lodging site, you and anyone traveling with you must self-certify that you meet one of these conditions:
- Have had a negative test result within three days before arriving in Vermont. The test must be for a current infection (like a PCR test), except it cannot be an antigen test (also known as rapid test). OR
- Are authorized to work in Vermont OR
- Are fully vaccinated OR
- Have recovered from COVID-19 within the last 3 months and do not currently have any symptoms.
And you must also meet both of these conditions:
- Not had close contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days AND
- Not had COVID-19-like symptoms in the past 24 hours.