The KOA Rewards Program is the camper loyalty program formerly known as KOA Value Kard Rewards, operated by Kampgrounds of America, Inc. (“KOA”) in cooperation with Campgrounds.
Fee for an Account Year
- The fee for a KOA Rewards account shall be $33.00, which amount may be changed from time to time by KOA in its sole and absolute discretion (the “Annual Account Fee”). Payment of the Annual Account Fee, completion of an application that includes agreement to these KOA Rewards Program Terms and Conditions (these “Terms and Conditions”) and acceptance of the application by KOA in its sole and absolute discretion will entitle the purchaser of a KOA Rewards account (an “Account Holder”) to maintain a single KOA Rewards account for a term of one (1) year (a “Account Year”), and to receive benefits of the KOA Rewards Program that are subject to change by KOA from time to time in KOA’s sole and absolute discretion. The form of application for a KOA Rewards account shall be determined by KOA and may be changed from time to time by KOA, in KOA’s sole and absolute discretion,
- An Account Year shall begin on the date when the Account Holder pays the Annual Account Fee and registers an Account Holder for the account, including agreement to the then-current KOA Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, and shall expire on the one-year anniversary of that date.
KOA donates One U.S. Dollar to the Care Camps Trust for every Annual Account Fee paid, regardless of whether the fee is paid in Canadian or U.S. Dollars. For more information about KOA Care Camps, please click here. This donation is made by KOA from its share of Annual Account Fees collected, and an Account Holder is not entitled to a tax deduction for the donation.
Promotional Rewards Accounts
KOA shall waive the Annual Account Fee, for one Account Year, for any Account Holder who is given a Promotional KOA Rewards account (a “Promotional Rewards Account”) by a company with which KOA then has a promotional agreement. Promotional Reward Accounts include One-Year Trial Promotional Rewards Accounts and Regular Promotional Rewards Accounts. A “One-Year Trial Promotional Reward Account” entitles its Account Holder to all of the benefits of a KOA Rewards account for a period of one Account Year. A “Regular Promotional Rewards Account” entitles its Account Holder only to the 10% discount referenced in the “Discounts” section of these KOA Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, and not to any other benefits of a KOA Rewards account (including, without limitation, any right to accumulate Points or redeem Rewards), for a period of one Account Year, or timeframe specified on printed material.
- Effective upon expiration of any Account Year, an Account Holder’s KOA Rewards account may be renewed for a subsequent Account Year upon payment of the then-applicable Annual Account Fee (except as provided below with respect to renewing VIP Account Holders) and registration for the renewal Account Year, including agreement to the then-current KOA Rewards Program Terms and Conditions.
- At the end of an Account Holder’s Account Year, if the Account Holder has earned VIP status during that Account Year and registers to renew the account (including agreement to the then-current KOA Rewards Program Terms and Conditions), then KOA shall waive the Annual Account Fee for the renewal Account Year and the Account Holder’s status will continue to be VIP during that renewal Account Year. However, for an Account Holder to be eligible for waiver of the Annual Account Fee and continued VIP status for any subsequent Account Year, the Account Holder must have accumulated enough Points during the immediately preceding Account Year that the Account Holder would have become eligible for VIP status even if the Account Holder had started the immediately preceding Account Year as a Base Account Holder. If the Account Holder has not earned that many Points during any Account Year and elects to renew, then the Account Holder shall be required to pay the Annual Account Fee as a condition to renewal and the Account Holder’s status shall remain Base or revert to Base, as appropriate, for the subsequent Account Year.
Refunds of Annual Fees
- The Annual Account Fee may be refunded only by the Campground from which it was purchased (or from KOA’s home office if it was purchased on KOA.com as a stand-alone transaction or via a phone call to KOA’s home office as a stand-alone transaction), and only until checkout from the first stay to which the account is applied (i.e. the first stay for new Account Holders and the first stay of the Account Year for renewing Account Holders). Once a purchased or renewed KOA Rewards account has been used for a discount (upon checkout from a Campground), no refund or partial refund of the account fee can be given for the Account Year.
- A KOA Rewards account that is purchased or renewed at a Campground, or with a reservation for a Campground online, via phone call or in person, can only be refunded by the Campground from which it was purchased or renewed.
- KOA Rewards Account Holders are entitled to a 10% discount on the daily registration rate at all Campsites, provided that Campgrounds are not required to honor this discount in addition to special offers for weekly, monthly or seasonal rates, or otherwise combine this discount with any other discounts or special offers. “Campsites” include RV sites, tent sites, KOA Camping Cabins, KOA Deluxe Cabins and KOA Specialty Lodging.
- From time to time, KOA may offer special discounts and offers available only to Account Holders or to VIP Account Holders. KOA reserves the right to allow individual Campgrounds to opt out of such special discounts and offers.
- If the KOA Rewards account is purchased at a Campground upon registration, then the maximum savings benefit for the stay (including all nights) shall be equal to the then-current Annual Account Fee. This maximum savings limit does not apply to any previously-existing KOA Rewards account renewed within 59 days after the expiration of an Account Year.
- The KOA Rewards 10% discount may be applied to only one Campsite per current KOA Rewards account, except that a VIP Account Holder may use a “SHARE” promotional code, which allows a 10% discount from the daily registration fee for a second Campsite used by a guest or guests camping at the same Campground and at the same time as the VIP Account Holder, for a maximum of 4 nights. No KOA Rewards account (of any tier) entitles any Account Holder or any other person to any discounts on any other goods or services (other than Campsite fees) sold at any Campground.
- For a VIP Account Holder, a Campground will waive the standard reservation cancellation fee (currently $10) ordinarily deducted from its refund of a deposit for a Campsite if the VIP Account Holder cancels a reservation for tent site or RV site more than 48 hours before 4:00 p.m. (in the time zone of the Campground) of the check-in date, or a reservation for a KOA Camping Cabin before 4:00 p.m. (in the time zone of the Campground) on the date that is seven days before the scheduled arrival. If the VIP Account Holder cancels a reservation after the applicable deadline, then the VIP Account Holder’s entire deposit will be forfeited. However, if a Campground has a special cancellation policy (for example, for KOA Deluxe Cabins or KOA Specialty Lodging reservations), then the Campground shall not be required to waive this special cancellation policy for a VIP Account Holder.
- KOA Rewards Points (“Points”) are awarded based on the daily registration rate (before applying the 10% program savings discount or any other discount) for each night stayed.
- Points are awarded to only one Campsite per KOA Rewards account.
- No Points will be awarded for any night with a daily site charge of $20.00 or less.
- If Rewards are redeemed to reduce the registration fee for any night, then additional Points will be awarded but some amount is paid in cash or its equivalent for the balance of the registration fee, then Points will be awarded based on the entire registration fee, including the amount paid for by Rewards. However, no Points will be awarded for any night for which the registration fee is paid entirely by redemption of Rewards.
- For any night for which a Campground applies a promotional discount other than the 10% discount for Account Holders (including Hot Deals, package nights and other specials), an Account Holder shall only be awarded 250 Points per night, rather than number of Points the Account Holder would ordinarily be awarded.
- No Points will be awarded for other charges such as extra person, pets, cable, phone, visitor fee, or any other goods or services purchased from a Campground.
- Points are automatically removed from an account if the account is not renewed within 59 days of the account expiration date.
- Points are automatically removed from an account if it is cancelled.
- Accounts renewed within the above 59-day grace period are valid for one year from the original expiration date.
- Points may not be combined or transferred between Account Holders, or sold, donated or otherwise transferred by any Account Holder to any other person or entity.
- An Account Holder may voluntarily cancel his or her KOA Rewards account at any time by sending a written notice of cancellation to the KOA Home Office. Upon any such cancellation, any accumulated Points in the cancelled Account shall be forfeited.
Tiers for Earning Points
For each KOA Rewards Account Holder, the following tiers shall be in effect until expiration of the current one-year term of the account:
|Base||Purchase or renewal of KOA Rewards account|
|Bonus||Accumulation of 6,500 Points in an Account Year|
|VIP||Accumulation of 20,000 Points in an Account Year|
During a KOA Rewards Account Year, except with respect to Long-Term Stays and promotional offers, the KOA Rewards Account Holder shall be entitled to accumulate Points based on the Campground fee per night as follows:
|Base||600 Points||900 Points||1,300 Points|
|Bonus||660 Points||690 Points||1,430 Points|
|VIP||750 Points||1,125 Points||1,625 Points|
By way of example only, if a Bonus KOA Rewards Account Holder pays an $85 fee for the single night, then the KOA Rewards Account Holder will accumulate a total of 1,430 Points because the fee for the night is greater than $60.01. For the avoidance of doubt, except with respect to Long-Term Stays, the maximum number of Points that may be earned by a KOA Rewards Account Holder for night shall be 1,300 for a Base Account Holder, 1,430 for a Bonus Account Holder, and 1,625 for a VIP Account Holder.
Points for Long-Term Stays
A “Long-Term Stay” is any single stay at the same Campground, for which the camper is paying a rate that has been discounted because of the length of the stay. For any Long-Term Stay, a Campground may, in its sole and absolute discretion, limit an Account Holder to 75 Points per night throughout the stay, irrespective of whether the Account Holder is in the Base, Bonus or VIP tier. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary contained within these Terms and Conditions, an KOA Rewards Account Holder may earn a maximum of 15,000 Points per Account Year for Long-Term Stays.
Points for Booking on KOA.com
In addition to the Points awarded for stays as provided above, an Account Holder shall be awarded 250 Points for every reservation it books on KOA.com (irrespective of the number of nights in the reservation).
KOA Rewards Weekends
A Campground may participate (but shall not be required to participate) a KOA Rewards Weekend during any Account Year. A Campground participating in a KOA Rewards Weekend may limit the categories or number of its Campsites for which the KOA Rewards Weekend benefits are made available. During a KOA Rewards Weekend, an Account Holder shall be entitled to the following additional benefits at any participating Campground, for the Campsites for which it participates in the KOA Rewards Weekend:
- If the Account Holder pays a Campsite fee (as opposed to redeeming Rewards) for the Friday night of a KOA Rewards Weekend, then the Campground shall waive the fee for the same Campsite for the Saturday night of the same KOA Rewards Weekend.
- A Campground may invite the Account Holder for whom the Campsite fee is waived for the Saturday night of a KOA Rewards Weekend to make a charitable donation in an amount equal to any amount of the Campsite fee that would ordinarily be donated by the Campground to charity. However, this shall not be required.
- An Account Holder participating in a KOA Rewards Weekend shall still be entitled to a 10% discount from the Campsite fee for any and all nights during the reservation period that precede and/or follow the Friday and Saturday nights of the KOA Rewards Weekend.
KOA Rewards Account Holders may redeem accumulated Points for vouchers that entitle the Account Holder to discounts that may be applied to offset registration fees for stays at Campgrounds (“Rewards”). The following numbers of Points earned entitle an Account Holder to the following Rewards:
|6,500 Points||Ten Dollars ($10.00)|
|15,000 Points||Twenty-Five Dollars ($25.00)|
|25,000 Points||Fifty Dollars ($50.00)|
- Rewards are denominated in $10, $25 and $50 increments, and are redeemed via a website.
- Rewards are non-transferable.
- When redeeming a Reward, an Account Holder must ask to use the Reward either while making a reservation on-line (when this function becomes available) or during check-in at a Campground; otherwise the Campground will not be required to accept the Reward.
- The maximum amount of Rewards that may be redeemed in a single stay is $50.
- The amount of a Reward is not a discount to be applied to every night of a multi-night stay. By way of example only, if an Account Holder stays at a Campsite with a nightly fee of $80 for two nights, after applying the 10% KOA Rewards discount, the total fee for the two-night stay will be $144 ($72 per night). If the Account Holder has a single $50 Reward, it will be deducted once from the $144 total and the fee to be paid will be $94.
- Rewards are valid only to offset the costs of daily registration rates and cannot be used for monthly or seasonal registrations.
- Rewards have no cash value. Under no circumstances may any Reward be redeemed for cash. If a Reward redeemed at a Campground exceeds the registration rate for the stay, no Points or cash will be given back.
- The Reward amount will be applied first to the first night. If the Reward amount exceeds the daily registration rate of the first night, the balance of the Reward amount will apply to daily registration rate for subsequent nights.
- For nights in which a Reward is redeemed, Points will only be awarded if the difference between the daily site charge and the Reward amount is $20 or more.
- may be used in conjunction with other discounts or offers such as Hot Deals or campground packages.
- Rewards may be redeemed only to discount registration fees, and not for any other goods or services sold by Campgrounds, or for other fees (e.g. extra person fees) assessed by Campgrounds or taxes.
- There is no minimum stay requirement for redemption of Rewards.
For all purposes within these KOA Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, any reference to “Dollars” or “$” means U.S. Dollars for KOA Rewards account purchases, Points earnings and Rewards redemptions made in the United States, and Canadian Dollars for KOA Rewards account purchases, Points earnings and Rewards redemptions made in Canada.1 There shall be no adjustment for any exchange rate between the two currencies. By way of example only, if a KOA Rewards account is purchased at a Campground in Canada, the Annual Account Fee shall be denominated in Canadian Dollars (currently 33 CAD). If the same Account Holder, at the Base tier, pays a 40 CAD fee to stay at a Campsite in Canada, the account will be Rewarded 900 Points. If the Account Holder eventually accumulates 6,500 from stays at Campgrounds in Canada, then the Account Holder will receive a Reward that may be redeemed at a Campground in Canada for 10 CAD or at a Campground in the United States for a discount of 10 USD. Likewise, if an Account Holder purchases a KOA Rewards account from a Campground in the United States, the Annual Account Fee shall be denominated in U.S. Dollars (currently 33 USD). If the same Account Holder, at the Base tier, pays a 40 USD fee to stay at a Campsite in the United States, the account will be Rewarded 900 Points. If the Account Holder eventually accumulates 6,500 Points from stays at Campgrounds in the United States, then the Account Holder will receive a Reward that may be redeemed at a Campground in the United States for a discount of 10 USD or at a Campground Canada for a discount of 10 CAD.
Other Terms and Conditions
- KOA reserves the right to require an Account Holder to present proof of identity at any Campground as a precondition to receiving KOA Rewards discounts any other Account Holder’s benefits at that Campground.
- KOA Rewards is a loyalty program and not a membership to belong to KOA. Campgrounds do not require a membership to camp with us.
- A KOA Rewards account may be cancelled by KOA if KOA finds that the Account Holder has engaged in a gross misrepresentation to KOA or any Campground or misuse of the account.
- KOA may cancel a KOA Rewards account if the Account Holder or any other person staying with Account Holder engages in any illegal activity while at any Campground, mistreats or harasses any Campground or corporate office staff, uses improper methods of threats to receive additional discounts or to be refunded for camping fees, and/or for any other just or proper reason as determined by KOA.
- No refund will be issued if KOA cancels the account for any of the above reasons.
- KOA Work Kampers (also sometimes referred to as Work Campers or Workcampers) who are Account Holders have the same rights and obligations as other Account Holders under these Terms and Conditions and with respect to the KOA Rewards program.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by, and shall be construed under, applicable laws of the United States and the laws of the State of New York, without regard to any conflict-of-law principles thereof that would result in the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction.
- By participating in the KOA Rewards program (the “Program”), an Account Holder (1) consents to the personal jurisdiction of the U.S. District Court for the District of Montana and the state courts in Yellowstone County, Montana for resolution of any dispute arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions or the Program, and waives any objection based on venue or the doctrine of forum non conveniens to any such dispute being adjudicated in any such court; (2) WAIVES THE ACCOUNT HOLDER’S RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IN ANY JUDICIAL ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE PROGRAM OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS; and (3) waives any right of the Account Holder to participate in a class action to pursue any claim against KOA or any of its affiliates arising out of or related to these Terms and Conditions or the Program.
- To be an Account Holder, a person must (1) be a natural person (i.e. a human being and not a corporation or other legal entity), (2) be at least eighteen (18) years old, (3) not reside in any country in which it is illegal for a person to own KOA Rewards Account, and (4) not be a person with whom KOA is prohibited by applicable laws from doing business.
- KOA may eliminate the Program at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, with or without notice. If KOA exercises this right, then any Points awarded prior to the effective date of the Program’s termination shall be valid for a period of one (1) year from and after such effective date, after which they shall expire.
- A person may not own more than one KOA Rewards account at a time. If KOA discovers that a person owns more than one KOA Rewards account, then KOA reserves the right to determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, which account(s) is or are the duplicate account(s) and to cancel such duplicate account(s) without the person or the remaining account receiving any Points for the duplicate account(s) cancelled.
- KOA reserves the right to suspend or terminate the KOA Rewards account of any Account Holder who (or whose guest staying at a Campsite with the use Rewards, the account discount or other benefits of the account) (1) uses the Program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions, (2) violates any applicable laws, or engages in any disruptive, abusive, hostile, offensive or fraudulent behavior at a Campground or in conjunction with use of a KOA Rewards account. If KOA exercises this right to terminate a KOA Rewards account, then all accumulated Points and the Bonus or VIP status (if applicable) shall be forfeited. KOA reserves the right to refuse to sell a new KOA Rewards account to, or renew the KOA Rewards account of, any person who has had an account terminated on any of these grounds.
- An Account Holder may not sell or otherwise transfer Rewards to any other person or entity. In the event of an Account Holder’s death, KOA will consider a request to transfer the Account Holder’s Points and Bonus or VIP status to another person. KOA reserves the right to request appropriate documentation in conjunction with any such decision and shall have sole and absolute discretion to make or withhold any such requested transfer. A decision by KOA regarding such a transfer shall be final.
- An Account Holder shall promptly inform KOA of any change in the Account Holder’s address, phone number, email address or other contact information.
- Campgrounds participating in the Program are subject to change from time to time, without notice. If a facility ceases to be a KOA Campground, then no Points shall be earned for any stay at that facility after the facility has stopped being a KOA Campground, regardless of when any reservation for that stay was made.
- If an Account Holder believes that he or she was not credited the correct number of Points for any stay at a Campground, then he or she should submit a written request for such Points to the KOA Home Office that includes the Account Holder’s name, the date(s) of the stay, the name of the Campground and a legible copy of a receipt from the Campground for the stay.
- To the greatest extent permissible under applicable laws, these Terms and Conditions, and any and all KOA Rewards program rules and offers, are subject to change by KOA at any time, in its sole and absolute discretion, with or without notice. To the extent that notice is required by applicable laws, KOA may provide such notice by posting an updated copy of these Terms and Conditions on its website. An Account Holder’s continued participation in the Program after any such posting shall indicate the Account Holder’s acceptance of the posted changes. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, KOA may, in its sole and absolute discretion, at any time and with or without notice, change Point earning levels (including, without limitation, the requirements for an Account Holder to attain these levels and Point-earning rates and any other benefits associated with these levels), the redemption value of Points (i.e. the number of Points required to earn Rewards of various sizes), the increments of Rewards (including whether Rewards are denominated in dollars, nights or otherwise, and the amounts of such increments), the measure of the regular (now 10%) discount available to Account Holders at Campgrounds and whether any such discount continues to be offered, the existence, size, measure and frequency of special discounts available to Account Holders on a temporary basis, earning methods, posting timelines and expiration rules. These Terms and Conditions supersede all earlier versions of these Terms and Conditions.
- KOA PROVIDES THE PROGRAM, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, OTHER MATERIALS RELATED TO THE PROGRAM AND ALL SERVICES RELATED TO THE PROGRAM ON AN “AS-IS” BASIS AND, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. KOA DOES NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR GUARANTY THAT THE PROGRAM, OR ANY SERVICES AT ANY CAMPGROUND, WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, WITHOUT OMISSIONS OR ERROR FEE. KOA SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PROGRAM OR ANY SERVICES AT ANY CAMPGROUND, EVEN IF KOA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
- NEITHER KOA NOR ANY OF ITS FRANCHISEES, LICENSEES OR CAMPGROUNDS, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF THE AFOREMENTIONED ENTITIES’ OWNERS, SHAREHOLDERS, MEMBERS, PARTNERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES OR AGENTS SHALL BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE PROGRAM OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- For each Account Holder, these Terms and Conditions, as they may be amended from time to time, constitute an agreement between the Account Holder and KOA with respect to the Program. Participation in the Program indicates an Account Holder’s assent to these Terms and Conditions, as they may change from time to time. Other than Campgrounds, there are no third-party beneficiaries to these Terms and Conditions.
- Any dispute arising out of or relating to the Program or these Terms and Conditions must be adjudicated individually and not party of a class action. These Terms and Conditions shall be governed under and interpreted with reference to the laws of the State of New York without giving effect to any conflict-of-law provisions thereof that would result in application of the laws of any other jurisdiction.
- These Terms and Conditions, in their most current form (as updated from time to time), constitute the entire agreement between KOA and any Account Holder with respect to the Program and supersede all earlier versions of these Terms and Conditions, as well any and all earlier and/or concurrent communications from KOA or any Campground, or between KOA and any Campground and any Account Holder or any other person, whether or al or in writing, with respect to the Program, including (without limitation) any promotional or informational communications.
1 As noted above, KOA donates One U.S. Dollar to the Care Camps Trust for every Annual Account Fee paid, regardless of whether the fee is paid in Canadian or U.S. Dollars.
Purchase KOA Rewards
You can get all these great benefits for only $33 per year.Buy Now