Things to Do in Russell Springs, Kentucky
Thinking about taking a trip to Russell Springs in Southern Kentucky? You and your family are sure to have a fun and memorable experience thanks to all the many fun things to do in Russell Springs.
No matter how you like to spend your vacation, you will find something just right for you in Russell Springs. From shopping and dining to exciting outdoor adventure, this Kentucky town offers endless hours of enjoyment and relaxation.
Why Visit Russell Springs, Kentucky?
Russell Springs is the largest city in Russell County, both of which are named after a local Revolutionary War veteran and politician named Col. William Russell. In 1850, the town was known as Big Boiling Springs due to a nearby iron-rich spring that became a popular health resort. By 1901, the town officially adopted the name Russell Springs.
Russell Springs is most famously known for its access to Lake Cumberland. The lake was formed after the Wolf Creek Dam was constructed on the Cumberland River, creating one of the largest man-made lakes in the eastern United States.
What to Do in Russell Springs, Kentucky
There are plenty of things to do in Russell Springs that you and your entire family can enjoy. Whether you are looking for a relaxing vacation spot or an exciting adventure, you will find that Russell Springs has the perfect activities to do and sights to see to make for a memorable trip.
Visit the Lake
One of the best attractions in Russell Springs is Lake Cumberland. You can spend the day doing a variety of activities, including:
- Boating: Launch your own boat or rent a pontoon to cruise around the lake for a day of fun and relaxation.
- Water activities: Whether you love the thrill of water skiing or prefer gentle tubing, you can enjoy your time any way you please on the lake.
- Fishing: Lake Cumberland is a great place to fish due to the mild climate and variety of fish you will encounter.
Hike Around the Area
Avid hikers who love a challenge and beginners looking for a relaxing walk can all find trails perfect for their preferences here in Russell Springs. There are plenty of parks and outdoor areas appropriate for all experience levels. Choose from a variety of hiking trails to view stunning vistas and wildlife unique to Kentucky.
Explore the City
Russell Springs is a fun town to immerse yourself in and enjoy time with friends and family. You can spend your day:
- Shopping: Russell Springs offers many fun shopping locations, including famous local antique stores.
- Dining: Whether you and your family like to try new cuisines or prefer to stick to your favorite foods, everyone can enjoy delicious meals at Russell Springs' diverse selection of restaurants and cafes.
- Visiting historic sites: Russell Springs has several historical museums and locations where you can step back in time, reminisce about the past and learn more about the area.
Enjoy Russell Springs by Booking Your Stay Today
When you need a comfortable, convenient place to stay while exploring Russell Springs, choose Russell Springs / Lake Cumberland KOA Journey. Pick your preferred way to stay with our variety of RV Sites, lodging options and Tent Sites. You and your family can also enjoy our wide variety of amenities to create a memorable camping experience.
Reserve your stay today to begin your next outdoor adventure in Kentucky!