Fishing and Boating Near Red Bluff
If you want a vacation near the water, Red Bluff, California, is an incredible place to stay. The city offers beautiful views with lakes and rivers nearby where you can cast a line or launch a boat.
Fishing in Red Bluff, California
This area offers wonderful seasonal fishing for those who love spending time in nature. Depending on your interests, you can enjoy fishing from a boat or fly fishing along the shore. You can also choose between river and lake fishing or try both. This Red Bluff fishing guide gives you all the necessary information to enjoy a successful fishing trip the next time you visit the area. Here are a few fishing options to try:
- Sacramento River: Red Bluff sits directly on the banks of California's largest river, giving access to migrating fish like salmon, striped bass, shad and white sturgeon. You can also catch resident fish like smallmouth bass during the spring and summer.
- Fishing charters: If you want an experienced guide, try booking a fishing charter nearby. Your guide can help you find the best spots along the Sacramento River.
- Eagle Canyon Trout: This location contains two private lakes where you can wade or fish from shore for award-winning trout. Fishing here is catch and release.
Boating in Red Bluff
Boating offers a chance to relax and enjoy the outdoors with family and friends. If you want to bring your boat, kayak or paddleboard along on your next camping trip, you can find many locations with boat access in Red Bluff. Check out these local boat launch points next time you visit:
- Red Bluff Recreation Area: If you want to explore the Sacramento River, try the boat launch at this recreation area. Put your boat in the water and enjoy gorgeous views of Mount Shasta and Mount Lassen nearby.
- Brandy Creek boat ramp: Take a trip to this boat ramp to explore Brandy Creek and Whiskeytown Lake. The boat launch area includes spacious parking and a riverside picnic area. You can also use paddleboards and kayaks along the creek.
- Shasta Lake: This lake near Red Bluff has launch areas for motorized and nonmotorized boating. You can see stunning mountain views and get a look at Shasta Dam.
Book Your Trip Today
Red Bluff, California, offers many delightful fishing and boating areas for those who love the water. If you plan to travel to the area, Red Bluff KOA Journey offers camping options with RV Sites and Tent Sites directly along the Sacramento River. Browse available options and book a site today.