General Campground Information
TRAVEL ALERT & NEWS
- US 550 ROAD WORK: The Colorado Department of Transportation will begin the US 550 Ouray to Colona resurfacing project on April 4. The project will take place on US 550 for 22 miles from Mile Point 93.8, north of Ouray, to MP 115.6, just south of Colona.
Hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:00AM to 7:00PM. The project has an anticipated completion date of November 2022. Travelers should plan for one-lane alternating traffic, 20 minute delays and reduced speed limit throughout the work-zone.
Please click the link for more information: US-550 Ouray to Colona Resurfacing Project
Check-in / Check-out time:
RV & Tent Sites: 2:00 PM
Cabins: 3:00 PM
RV & Tent Sites: 11:00 AM
Cabins: 11:00 AM
Living with Bears: Colorado is Bear Country and we need your help to prevent conflict. Please visit ‘Living with Wildlife' at Colorado Parks and Wildlife for more information.
- 4 Door, Hardtop, Jeep Rubicons.
- $250 a day plus tax/fees - 24hr rate.
- A $150 deposit is required to book. No refunds if canceled within 7 days of Jeep rental reservation date.
- Pick up at 6:00 PM.
- Return by 5:30 PM, clean and full of gas.
- Allowed to remove: T-tops only.
- Pets allowed.
- Must bring Insurance ID and Driver's license.
Jeep reservations are booked based on the day you are driving the vehicle. For example: if your reservation is for Tuesday driving, you will pick up the Jeep by 6:00PM on Monday. When you reserve online, please make sure the date you are driving is booked on Monday for a Tuesday drive.
Cabins: 7 days and prior $10 fee, within 7 days forfeits first-night deposit.
Golf Cart Policy:
Mountain Top Social Restaurant
- Visit our website for updates: Mountain Top Social
- Specialty coffees, pastries, barista.
- Beer and wine bar
- For parties of 6 or more, reservations at 970-325-9856 are recommended.
- Live Entertainment during Peak Season (June - September)
Our restaurant will be opening soon!
Meet Your Hosts
Hospitality. It's not a job, it's a lifestyle and I LOVE to live it.Rakeem has an undeniable love for camping and appreciates the essence of beauty and nature. Fueled by his passion for the outdoors, Rakeem has long dreamed of traveling the states with his Mom, in their own rig. He embraces the connectedness and the sense of family at the campgrounds since he comes from a large family.
“Hospitality. It's not a job, it's a lifestyle and I LOVE to live it.” - Says Rakeem.
Rakeem is excited to welcome everyone to Ouray tucked away in the San Juan Mountains. With so much to see in Ouray and Ridgeway, Rakeem is excited to welcome everyone to the area. Between the San Juan Mountains, Box Canyon Falls Park, and Cascade Falls Park, there is a plethora of natural beauty and extraordinary landscape to enjoy. Make sure to say “Hi” to Rakeem when you see him in the campground or on the local trails.