Top Breweries in Northern Columbus
Within just a short drive from Mt. Gilead KOA Holiday, you will find numerous extraordinary restaurants and food and beverage experiences, making the area a must-visit for your next getaway. Doing a tour of the top breweries in Northern Columbus gives you the opportunity to try signature beers, crafts and drafts.
The Best Breweries To Tour in and Near Columbus
There are many tours and brewery experiences in Columbus. Here is a list of the best breweries Northern Columbus has to offer.
1. Old Dog Ale House
It all started with a dream of creating a place that serves delicious food and exceptional beer, offering patrons the opportunity to enjoy life. With this vision, a brewmaster, an executive chef and a general manager established Old Dog Ale House, a brewery known for its great atmosphere, excellent food and beer experiences.
When visiting, complement your meal with the:
- Nutty Squirrel: This English brown ale has hints of chocolate, coffee and fruity flavors. The beer is slightly dry and easily drinkable.
- Brunosaurus: This English-style ale perfectly combines the earthy sweetness of malt with the mild bitterness of hops.
- Nor’Easter: The bold ale is made from three distinct hops, producing an unfiltered, fruity and mildly bitter Northeast IPA (India pale ale).
2. Spires Social Brewing Co.
Spires Social Brewing Co. offers the unique experience of tasting interesting beers and learning how to brew your own beer.
Visit the brewery to savor the tastes of one of their house seltzers, offering you a light, fresh and crisp beverage. Refresh your palate with passion fruit, orange, guava or blueberry seltzer.
Ever wanted to brew your own beer? With this brewery, you can:
- Choose the style: Decide which beer style you or your group would like to make.
- Make it: Arrive for a three-hour session, where you receive the ingredients, equipment and instructions.
- Return and enjoy: Within two to three weeks, return to can your beer with a customized label or rent a kegerator to share your beer at an event.
The brewery also offers a variety of different ales to try. Taste and enjoy a Czech Meow’t, a rich and bold lager balanced with SAAZ hops — honoring the Czech tradition. Drink the Pilsner Mango Manatee, which enhances the already tropical IPA with mango puree, producing a fruity and citrusy flavor combination.
3. Hoof Hearted Brewery & Kitchen
Delight your taste buds with craft beers and fine food at this artistic brewery and kitchen. Hoof Hearted Brewery & Kitchen, winner of the OpenTable Diner’s Choice award for 2022, is a must-visit on your beer-tasting tour. Enjoy the flights and bites offerings, which provide you with samples of various beers while you eat something tasty. Purchase their popular beers in cans, with unique and creative labeling or sit and sip on their refreshing ales.
Must-tries at the brewery include:
- Vafflormania: This fruity brunch sour is flavored with cherry, blackberry, blueberry, vanilla and almond flavors.
- Shave The Bear: This coconut rum barrel-aged stout has hints of vanilla, pineapple and banana.
- Momma Needs Her Fruit Punch: This IPA is made with Mosaic and Motueka hops, giving it a one-of-a-kind taste.
Venture on the Columbus Ale Trail
Up the adventure and embark on the Columbus Ale Trail. With the various craft breweries in Central Ohio, you can get a free Columbus Ale trail passport at any participating Franklin County breweries.
Collect enough stamps to bring your passport to The Ohio Taproom to claim your rewards. Collect 10 brewery stamps for an Ale Trail koozie (insulated can holder) and a limited edition t-shirt for collecting all 34!
Both Spires Social Brewing Co. and Hoof Hearted Brewery & Kitchen are among the numerous impressive and unique breweries on the trail. Add the Columbus Ale Trail to your bucket list for an unforgettable adventure.
Stay at Mt. Gilead KOA While You Explore the Northern Columbus Breweries
The picturesque Mt. Gilead KOA Holiday is located about 40 miles from Columbus. Our campground offers the perfect home base as you explore the numerous unique craft breweries near Mt. Gilead while staying in the comfort of your RV. In addition to our great amenities on-site, we are also within walking distance of Mt. Gilead State Park and a short drive from major attractions. Book your stay at one of our RV Sites today!