5 Ultimate Couples' Activities Near Columbus, Ohio
Date night is a great way to appreciate your partner, unwind and fall in love again. Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway to the region or you're from the area and want to do something special together, there are plenty of things to do. Here are five ultimate couple activities near Columbus, Ohio.
1. Visit the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium
A trip to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium is among the best couple activities near Mt. Gilead. If you are fascinated by animals, the $29.99 per adult day pass is money well spent. The zoo and aquarium are home to intriguing mammals from all over the world, including:
- African lion
- Asian elephants
- Polar bears
- Sea lions
- Linne's two-toed sloth
You can book an interactive tour to learn about the creatures that call the zoo home, too — bathe an elephant, do a night hike in the zoo, interact with red pandas or get an exclusive VIP behind-the-scenes tour.
2. Watch a Movie at South Drive-In
The South Drive-In is a must-visit when planning a romantic retreat in Columbus. The retro-styled setting lets you and your partner watch the latest movies from the comfort of your car. The two-screen theater is open seven nights a week, charging $10 per person on weekends.
Drive-ins have a rich romantic history, being the go-to date night destination since the 1950s. To this day, the retro drive-in is a special and unique way to connect with your partner.
Buy affordable snacks and treats at the concession stand or pack your own picnic.
3. Explore ZipZone Outdoor Experiences
If you are an adventurous couple, ZipZone offers the ultimate outdoor fun. Impress your partner with various zip line and canopy tours at USA Today's number one Reader's Choice facility in Ohio and number two in the U.S.
The best tours for couples include:
- Night zip line tours: Experience the thrill and romance of zipping through the treetops under the moon and stars. Enjoy the magical ambiance of the forest with a guided two-hour tour, costing $99 per person.
- Canopy tours: Explore the lush Ohio landscape during the day with a two-hour canopy tour. The magnificent guided tour costs $89 per person.
- Obstacle courses: Challenge your partner with about 60 obstacles in Columbus's largest forested climbing park. Enjoy this unique romantic adventure for $59 per person.
4. Attend The Dinner Detective Murder Mystery Show
Topping off the best date night ideas in Columbus is a murder mystery experience. The Dinner Detective is America's largest interactive comedy, murder mystery dinner theater show.
Enjoy the Saturday night activity for about $69.99 per person, including a dinner and an immersive show. The theater has a fully stocked bar. Your meal includes appetizers, salads, a choice of entrees and a delectable dessert.
5. Stay the Night at Mt. Gilead KOA Holiday
Complete your date night adventure by staying at Mt. Gilead KOA Holiday. The Deluxe Cabins offer perfect cozy stays with matchless amenities. Opt for a romantic camping adventure by renting an RV with a full bath, shower and queen bed.
Our KOA Campground also has fantastic facilities, including the Bonfire Bar and Kitchen with a full bar, pizza, nachos and specials.